What Sounds Particularly Good on Your M3 Turbo S

Birdbrain

Re: What Sounds Particularly Good on Your M3 Turbo S
« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2019, 10:14 am »
The albums of Nik Bartsch's Ronin on ECM Records are not only fantastic musically, they sound incredible, especially through my M3 Triode Masters. My favorite is Live. Clayton, this would be good show music.

Iron and Wine - The Shepherd's Dog This also sounds really great through Spatials.

harley.guy07

« Reply #21 on: 10 Jun 2019, 05:08 am »
I am listening to the Peter Frampton band All Blues Album on Qobuz right now is 24 bit 96 k sampling rate and it sounds absolutely spectacular on my system. You guys should give it a spin.

HanaEyes

« Reply #22 on: 28 Jun 2019, 08:07 am »
I have M4 Turbos with a single REL t7 sub set to low volume and I still cannot believe how good bass from bands like Mickey Hart, Dead can Dance and Pink Floyd sounds. Percussive jazz/world from bands like Hadouk, Bob James, Loreena McKennitt, Steve Mcdonald etc. really have great impact on my setup. I actually do like Diana Krall but she does sound better on my KEF LS50's.

Recently picked up a used rel t7 for my m4tm and like you, am astounded by this pairing in my small room. Can't imagine I'd swap this combination out for anything in the foreseeable future! Have never been so satisfied with what I'm getting from my music in such a long time!

harley.guy07

« Reply #23 on: 29 Jun 2019, 12:48 am »
Rel is my favorite brand of subwoofer out there that you can purchase. I decided to build my own custom sub but its design is not so different. where do you guys cross yours over at. I have mine crossed over at about 40Hz just where the Spatials starts for fall off. Makes a huge difference in my overall musical enjoyment and makes the Spatials sound better to boot. I have run the M3 T's without the sub and they hold their own but having my sub in place makes for a full on experience

JackD

« Reply #24 on: 29 Jun 2019, 02:27 am »
My Rythmik F12G's are crossed at 40hz with the M3TM's the same as with the M3TS's.

HanaEyes

« Reply #25 on: 1 Jul 2019, 05:46 am »
On my m4tm, I did room measurements in the past and on graph, my m4tm starts to dip around 50hz so I have the sub dialled to that as a start. However, measurements are measurements. Right now I'm actually unsure what I have it dialled at as I adjust by ear click by click, on different occasions after I have installed the sub. I suppose I could look behind and see where I have it set, but I think I'm happier not knowing :)

harley.guy07

« Reply #26 on: 1 Jul 2019, 10:30 pm »
On my m4tm, I did room measurements in the past and on graph, my m4tm starts to dip around 50hz so I have the sub dialled to that as a start. However, measurements are measurements. Right now I'm actually unsure what I have it dialled at as I adjust by ear click by click, on different occasions after I have installed the sub. I suppose I could look behind and see where I have it set, but I think I'm happier not knowing :)

to be honest I think its around 40Hz. I know where the knob is back there and i adjust until it blends perfectly with the M3's and also with the level. I go by sound more than numbers anyway most of the time. The last time I checked it was around 40Hz

HanaEyes

« Reply #27 on: 2 Jul 2019, 06:08 am »
Yep, sorry for the confusion as mine is the m4tm, not the m3.

Without the sub, soundtracks from H.Zimmer (e.g Inception, LOTR, Pirates) were pretty unlistenable but now that the sub is dialled in, I can't think of a genre that'll sound bad. Everything sounds great now!

harley.guy07

« Reply #28 on: 3 Jul 2019, 03:34 am »
Yep, sorry for the confusion as mine is the m4tm, not the m3.

Without the sub, soundtracks from H.Zimmer (e.g Inception, LOTR, Pirates) were pretty unlistenable but now that the sub is dialled in, I can't think of a genre that'll sound bad. Everything sounds great now!

Yeah i agree. It does open up musical compatibility some. I can listen to jazz and acoustic music all day without the sub in play and never notice its done but I usually run it just to catch things in the recording that the M3's might miss under the 38 to 40 Hz region.