Judas Priest - British Steel on Vinyl?

JoshK

« on: 4 Dec 2005, 02:20 am »
Anyone have Judas Priest - British Steel on Vinyl?  Is it a good pressing, decent sound?  I want to pick it up but I'll be pissed if it is like a lot of 80's pressing that sound like crud.

Brad

« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2005, 05:17 am »
Hey Josh,

I have a coupla copies - I'll fire one up tomorrow and let you know.
Since it was pre-CD era, I think it'll sound pretty good.

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2005, 05:26 am »
let me know if it is good and/or you want to sell a copy.

Brad

« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2005, 12:19 am »
Josh - sorry it took me so long on this - had ankle surgery this week and have been flat out.

The Priest sounds REALLY good on vinyl.  The guitars crunch just right.
I only had one copy of British Steel, but I did have multiples on Screaming for Vengeance.

Scott F.

« Reply #4 on: 9 Dec 2005, 01:29 am »
Brad,

I just saw your system...Dude!, Thats the Bomb!
I bet your old HH Scott sounds great with the AE's. Have you restored the 222 or are you running it stock?

(as you can tell, I'm a HHS lover)

Brad

« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2005, 03:30 am »
Hey Scott,

Just noticed your post here.
My 222 came to me in excellent working condition, so I haven't done anything with it.  I really like the tube tuner as well - it's very accurate in tuning and the sound is really good.   I would like to get the Mapleshade mods done on my 222 one of these years.....

The AE's are a good fill in until I can free up some money for some full range single driver speakers.  They were $115 shipped from Audiogon and are pretty well balanced.  Not the greatest detail or best bass/treble, but overall nice.  

I got married back in October - that among other things has somehow soaked up any extra money that was available  :D
One really good thing is that she enjoys listening to music as much as I do and can hear system changes better than I can.  She loves the sound of the Scott and is sold on tubes at this point
 8)