Hello everyone

Kennyman2

Hello everyone
« on: 11 Jun 2023, 02:29 pm »
Just thought I’d introduce myself. I’m a lifer. I bought my first Harmon Kardon receiver with a paper route back in the late 70’s. Since then I’ve had a lot of fun in the hobby, mostly moving forward. But occasionally sideways and once in a while I have gone backwards. I have learned not to sell the piece you are replacing until you’ve lived the other one for a while. Even then you will wonder what if the next time you change something/anything. That just happened recently. I thought I’d try a Rega Aethos integrated. I like Rega products and was trying to upgrade from my Musical Fidelity A308 which I’ve had for years. I like to give things some time so I didn’t switch back and forth. I put it in my system and lived with it for a month. Then I switched back. Keeping this short, although they were different I still preferred my A308 so the Aethos was sent down the road to another audiophile . Now that I have replaced my turntable/cartridge with a Rega I’m wondering what it would have sounded like together. Would there have been a synergy ? I don’t have the money or space to keep everything I’ve ever bought. So on goes the game. I love it lol.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2023, 06:49 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb: