Fingerlift for Well Tempered Original Arm

pix4work

Fingerlift for Well Tempered Original Arm
« on: 14 Apr 2016, 04:01 am »
Hello,

I am recent owner of an original WTT and Arm combo, and I am really looking forward to setting it up. The silver arm has one slot and the cartridge I will be using has open sides (no threaded holes) below the top level surface, so there really isn't a way to gain a secure point for the one mounting screw. I have read that there was a Fingerlift for the WT Arms which had two cartridge mounting holes in addition to one which connected to the slotted arm. Does anyone know where I might find one of these WTT Fingerlifts? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
thank you.

beta14ok

Re: Fingerlift for Well Tempered Original Arm
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2016, 09:16 am »
Check-out the pic of an arm for sale on an auction site.

I'm thinking that you are missing the little aluminum fingerlift. You could easily fabricate another out of some thin aluminum sheet metal. Pic's of the cart would be helpful here!. Brand? model? How was the cart attached previously?

pix4work

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2016, 06:21 am »
The cart is a Shelter 501. The original design by Bill Firebaugh used a single mounting screw to attach both the cartridge and fingerlift to the slotted arm. Photos of the one hole and three hole fingerlifts are available online through Vinyl Engine and other sites. I could simply try mounting it with a larger screw, nut and washer arrangement and may end up doing just that...the three hole lift would just make things much easier. Thank you for responding.

Pix

beta14ok

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2016, 05:57 pm »
You might wanna touch base with Brian at Expressimo Audio around making you a flashy new finger lift that would be custom for your arm and cartridge combo. The guy has amazing skills.

pix4work

« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2016, 04:24 pm »
Just FYI, my local WTT dealer has come up with a solution. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

Pix

beta14ok

« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2016, 07:34 pm »
Good stuff. Post-up pics when your back in bizz.