Breeze Tour Schedule

HiroPro

Re: Breeze Tour Schedule
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jan 2014, 08:51 am »
WOW

That's a lot of seasoned ears listening to those babies!

YET...

Not one comment about them here?

Is there a review thread?

Nice driver choices that seem to match each other perfectly for a simple low parts count xover and it all fits in a PE cab and comes with CnC'd front baffle all for a grand?

SIGN ME UP!!!

I'd really like to hear Jeff Bagby's opinion on how they compare to the CSS next gen based Triton.

stlrman

« Reply #21 on: 30 Jan 2014, 04:12 pm »
It's called Breeze Tour Impressions, it's 4 pages long.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #22 on: 31 Jan 2014, 08:03 am »
WOW

That's a lot of seasoned ears listening to those babies!

YET...

Not one comment about them here?

Is there a review thread?

Nice driver choices that seem to match each other perfectly for a simple low parts count xover and it all fits in a PE cab and comes with CnC'd front baffle all for a grand?

SIGN ME UP!!!

I'd really like to hear Jeff Bagby's opinion on how they compare to the CSS next gen based Triton.

Jeff bowed out of the tour.  He took on a project for Meniscus that uses the RAAL 70-20XR and Satori 7" woofer and didn't want to be influenced in any way by a speaker of similar styling.  I've known Jeff for years and was really looking forward to getting his impression.  Another time perhaps.

Breeze is actually $1495/pr at this time.

rebbi

« Reply #23 on: 28 Feb 2014, 01:32 am »
Jeff bowed out of the tour.  He took on a project for Meniscus that uses the RAAL 70-20XR and Satori 7" woofer and didn't want to be influenced in any way by a speaker of similar styling.  I've known Jeff for years and was really looking forward to getting his impression.  Another time perhaps.

Breeze is actually $1495/pr at this time.

Pete,
I understand that the Tour Breeze Pair is heading home to St. Louis for some TLC and repairs. Any idea what the revised tour schedule is like?
Steve

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #24 on: 28 Feb 2014, 03:32 am »
Pete,
I understand that the Tour Breeze Pair is heading home to St. Louis for some TLC and repairs. Any idea what the revised tour schedule is like?
Steve

Hi Steve,

As soon as it gets back sometime next week hopefully, we'll give it a quick checkout to make sure it adequately represents the brand.  If everything is alright we'll refresh the shipping boxes and get them back into the rotation.

At that time, I'll post an updated schedule.

rebbi

« Reply #25 on: 28 Feb 2014, 02:31 pm »
Hi Steve,

As soon as it gets back sometime next week hopefully, we'll give it a quick checkout to make sure it adequately represents the brand.  If everything is alright we'll refresh the shipping boxes and get them back into the rotation.

At that time, I'll post an updated schedule.

Thanks a lot for the update, Pete.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #26 on: 13 Mar 2014, 04:04 am »
Update:

Breeze has completed the eastern tour and has arrived back at headquarters for a refurbishment before it goes back out.  It will be a while before it hits the road again for reasons we'll quickly cover here.

Over the past few months, we were getting reports of ribbon issues with the 70-10D, premature failures among other things.  After looking into it ourselves, we got in touch with RAAL to discuss our observations.  Initially skeptical, the factory told us that perhaps we weren't looking at the right things.  However, we had very good reason to insist that something wasn't quite right.  After about a month of testing, RAAL let us know that they did indeed find something new about one of the parts in their ribbon assembly.  Not only had they identified it, but their fix for the problem has resulted in what Aleks says is a greatly improved product!  Can you imagine?  An IMPROVED RAAL TWEETER?  Aleks sounded quite enthusiastic about his new approach for suspending the ribbon.

So, we're waiting on the new ribbon assemblies to show up to begin our own evaluations and revisit the design goals now that we know the issues have been resolved.  Prepare to be amazed anew!

Here's the deal.  West coast tour begins once we've established the base line on Breeze and have had adequate evaluation time to solidify our impressions.  For those on the western half of the tour, I will request that you sign up again.  I'm including below the terms of the tour.

- Upon arrival we need notification and report on the condition upon opening the box

- You have 2 weeks to listen; any longer needs to be approved by us before the 2 weeks is up

- Send us notification when they are shipped to the next person with tracking number and $1500 insurance

- Within 2 weeks of sending them to the next person, post impressions on Audiocircle in the Breeze Tour Impressions thread.

Please copy the rules above into an email with your full name and shipping address and phone number and send it to:

pete@vaporsound.com

Do not PM me with the information.  I need it via email so that I have everyone's email address.  I will be sending everyone in the tour the email addresses of those in front of and behind you on the tour so that everyone can properly coordinate with moving Breeze around.

dragoonxp20

« Reply #27 on: 13 Mar 2014, 05:09 am »
I didn't know there was an issue with the 70-10D. Is the fix being incorporated into new breezes and stiff breezes?

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #28 on: 13 Mar 2014, 06:02 am »
I didn't know there was an issue with the 70-10D. Is the fix being incorporated into new breezes and stiff breezes?

Yes indeed.  The entire problem was contained within the ribbon suspension mechanism.  The fix is as simple as putting in the newly updated ribbon assembly.  Aleks at RAAL was stoked when he told us the fix he applied.  It was one that not only fixed that problem, it actually improved the overload handling of the ribbons, not just for the 70-10D, but for his entire lineup.

stlrman

« Reply #29 on: 15 Mar 2014, 12:58 pm »
Pete,
What should or can be done with the people who have this tweeter already out in the field?
Thanks,
Todd

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #30 on: 15 Mar 2014, 05:29 pm »
Pete,
What should or can be done with the people who have this tweeter already out in the field?
Thanks,
Todd

Tweeters from the time frame of your build did not have the issue.  Aleks explained that in more recent lots,  the heat shrink material that tightens the ribbon had changed.  In order to accommodate variations in that material, he modified the suspension assembly.

So if you ever do need a ribbon replaced, the new versions will have the update.  I doubt that your system will ever need to be updated.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #31 on: 24 Mar 2014, 12:45 am »
Bump.

Update:

Breeze has completed the eastern tour and has arrived back at headquarters for a refurbishment before it goes back out.  It will be a while before it hits the road again for reasons we'll quickly cover here.

Over the past few months, we were getting reports of ribbon issues with the 70-10D, premature failures among other things.  After looking into it ourselves, we got in touch with RAAL to discuss our observations.  Initially skeptical, the factory told us that perhaps we weren't looking at the right things.  However, we had very good reason to insist that something wasn't quite right.  After about a month of testing, RAAL let us know that they did indeed find something new about one of the parts in their ribbon assembly.  Not only had they identified it, but their fix for the problem has resulted in what Aleks says is a greatly improved product!  Can you imagine?  An IMPROVED RAAL TWEETER?  Aleks sounded quite enthusiastic about his new approach for suspending the ribbon.

So, we're waiting on the new ribbon assemblies to show up to begin our own evaluations and revisit the design goals now that we know the issues have been resolved.  Prepare to be amazed anew!

Here's the deal.  West coast tour begins once we've established the base line on Breeze and have had adequate evaluation time to solidify our impressions.  For those on the western half of the tour, I will request that you sign up again.  I'm including below the terms of the tour.

- Upon arrival we need notification and report on the condition upon opening the box

- You have 2 weeks to listen; any longer needs to be approved by us before the 2 weeks is up

- Send us notification when they are shipped to the next person with tracking number and $1500 insurance

- Within 2 weeks of sending them to the next person, post impressions on Audiocircle in the Breeze Tour Impressions thread.

Please copy the rules above into an email with your full name and shipping address and phone number and send it to:

pete@vaporsound.com

Do not PM me with the information.  I need it via email so that I have everyone's email address.  I will be sending everyone in the tour the email addresses of those in front of and behind you on the tour so that everyone can properly coordinate with moving Breeze around.

R_burke

« Reply #32 on: 2 Apr 2014, 01:15 pm »
So.....

chillin

« Reply #33 on: 22 Apr 2014, 12:03 am »
Hello! Anybody here? Seems eerily quiet in Vaporland......

R_burke

« Reply #34 on: 23 Apr 2014, 01:21 pm »

did it quite a while ago when you first posted instructions, haven't heard a word. 

Has the tour been cancelled?

chillin

« Reply #35 on: 24 Apr 2014, 02:05 am »
I'm hoping the wait is for the new RAAL tweeters to get there.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #36 on: 1 May 2014, 05:50 am »
Breeze are at my house at the moment.  We've just not been able to get to them due to the rush of show weekends.  Look for them to make their way out again after Newport Beach.

and make sure you re-send the information exactly as requested above to continue participating in the Breeze tour.

rebbi

« Reply #37 on: 9 Jul 2014, 06:07 pm »
Hello? Hello?

Pete?

Anybody home??

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #38 on: 16 Jul 2014, 07:33 am »
Hello? Hello?

Pete?

Anybody home??

Yeah yeah, I know.  It's on the list of things to get done, just so much going on right now.  I'm sure we'll be starting it up again before too much longer.

Just don't forget to send me a confirmation via email at vapor with all your info and a repetition of the requirements for participation.

R_burke

« Reply #39 on: 16 Jul 2014, 01:13 pm »
How about posting the schedule so we can verify who re-signed up properly