NHT 1.5 whats the deal?

ThomDP

NHT 1.5 whats the deal?
« on: 18 Oct 2010, 08:44 pm »
Does anyone have experience with these speakers? Can you do any better than these for $200 on the used market?

Stephen L

Re: NHT 1.5 whats the deal?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2010, 06:44 am »
Resurrecting an old post here: This is one the best series NHT ever made. I have the Audio center 2, 2.9 towers, and have just bought a pair of 3.3's on Ebay. Not sure about price of the 1.5's though.

Steve

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: NHT 1.5 whats the deal?
« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2010, 01:58 pm »
Yes, since this is a new circle with a lot of old threads transferred over, bringing up old threads is encouraged.  I was waiting for someone to start the ball rolling.  While usually dusting off old chestnuts is laughed at, definitely not on this circle, at least for a while.

The old 3.3/2.9/1.5 HT line was a very esoteric, high to medium high dollar speaker line in it's day and I image still has a great deal of traction today.  Odd looking with the angled baffles (why not just toe in), but it didn't detract from their excellent sound.  Characterized by a tight bass and a rather dry sound, more accurate than warm for sure.  I never owned a pair, but auditioned them many times as my friend's shop was a dealer for them.