Boston HPS 8 subwoofer

chgolatin2

Boston HPS 8 subwoofer
« on: 26 Sep 2015, 12:40 am »
Hey guys can you tell what cable I actually needs for this subwoofer? It's been in storage for yeaaaaaars and it was never used.  I'm posting pics of the subwoofer and my Cary Audio tube ampliefwe that has a sub out... Thanks!

srb

Re: Boston HPS 8 subwoofer
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2015, 01:41 am »
Hey guys can you tell what cable I actually needs for this subwoofer? It's been in storage for yeaaaaaars and it was never used.  I'm posting pics of the subwoofer and my Cary Audio tube ampliefwe that has a sub out...

The Cary SLI-80 ampliefwe has a pair of left and right subwoofer outputs (full-range passive preamp outputs) which would connect to the Boston HPS 8Wi subwoofer's left and right line level inputs with a pair of standard RCA audio cables.

These inputs allow you to use the subwoofer's internal low-pass crossover filter.  The single LFE input is for preamplifiers, amplifiers or receivers with a mono LFE subwoofer output that uses a low-pass filter built into the component and bypasses the subwoofer's internal crossover filter.

Steve

chgolatin2

Re: Boston HPS 8 subwoofer
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2015, 05:02 am »
The Cary SLI-80 ampliefwe has a pair of left and right subwoofer outputs (full-range passive preamp outputs) which would connect to the Boston HPS 8Wi subwoofer's left and right line level inputs with a pair of standard RCA audio cables.

These inputs allow you to use the subwoofer's internal low-pass crossover filter.  The single LFE input is for preamplifiers, amplifiers or receivers with a mono LFE subwoofer output that uses a low-pass filter built into the component and bypasses the subwoofer's internal crossover filter.

Steve

Thank you Steve~