Hi I'm EZsmoke

EZsmoke

Hi I'm EZsmoke
« on: 9 Feb 2019, 06:20 pm »
Been lurking the forum for about a year.  Looking to get some new and used equipment for a room that 15 wide and 24 long. We set about 14ft back.  The only new component i've gotten is a Oppo 203.  Everything else like the Klipsch Reference 3 series(will be replaced) and an old Yamaha Yp-700 turntable/ Shure Type III cartridge.     
I listen to progessive jazz, old rock etc.  I would like to be able to get into streaming my music as my main source.  I have a friend who handles Marantz and Ryan Speaker products so i could get a deal on these manufacturers.  Was looking at getting a Marantz SR8012 and the Ryan R630's.   I have no experience with amps, pre-amps, DAC and all the other components i see in other peoples systems on these boards.
Was looking at spending around $10,000.  I think i could get the 8012 and r630 for around $5,000.  Was thinking of going to the Axpona to hear the Ryan's (r630 will not be there) and Salk's speakers.
Was just wanting to say hi and let you know i little about me.   Any suggestions will be appreciated.

EZsmoke

Re: Hi I'm EZsmoke
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2019, 06:24 pm »
I'm also getting a 75 in TV that will go from the white edges of the components cubbies, and will protrude just a little.

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2019, 06:55 pm »
Welcome to Audiocircle!!

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2019, 09:01 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2019, 12:43 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC EZsmoke    :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2019, 04:13 am »
Welcome EZsmoke, do you can remove the forniture near the speakers?

EZsmoke

« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2019, 06:10 am »
Sure i will defiantly move the trunk from that space as my new speakers will be larger yet.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2019, 01:01 pm »
Interesting room. How much use do those doors near the speakers get?

When you get the new speakers, I suggest a lot of experimenting with speaker placement. Bring them out from the corners and let them "breathe." It can do wonders for soundstage and imaging.

And welcome to A/C.

EZsmoke

« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2019, 04:37 am »
The one on the right is just a closet and the one on the left just give you complete access to the back of the components.