2x rel subs

aqaian

2x rel subs
« on: 12 Jun 2008, 04:51 pm »
Technical Query:
i have two storm 111s now i did only have one and i have a tag AV with only one SUB in put so how do i wire in the two
the wire from the one is to L_R tag mono 250w amps

Philistine

Re: 2x rel subs
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2008, 04:56 pm »
You might want to post this in the Home Theatre Shack Forum as one of the owners of the forum - John Mulhay, used to be the Technical Director at TAG.

Vinyl-Addict

• Groovetracer - Products for Rega turntables.
Re: 2x rel subs
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2008, 08:55 pm »
Technical Query:
i have two storm 111s now i did only have one and i have a tag AV with only one SUB in put so how do i wire in the two
the wire from the one is to L_R tag mono 250w amps

I use 2 Rel Storm III subs in my system. I have them connected in a stereo configuration using the Rel "high level" connection method. I do not use "line level" to connect them which sounds like what you want to do.

If you have 2 of the Rel speakon cables here is how you do it. Connect both the red & yellow leads onto the positive terminal of the amplifier, the black goes to the negative terminal on the amplifier. Do this for both left and right channels. If you just want to connect both subs using line level, buy yourself a y-adapter with 2 female inputs and one output then connect both subs that way. The High level connection is preferred by Rel.