10 free movies from Vudu HD

Rclark

10 free movies from Vudu HD
« on: 20 Mar 2013, 12:50 am »
http://www.vudu.com/

Damn, that's a great deal. Highest quality movie service on the net.

John Casler

Re: 10 free movies from Vudu HD
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2013, 02:05 am »
I have been using VUDU since it started (used to be a dealer when they had VUDU boxes).

I still have the box, so I can download HDX movies a few hours before watching them, so I am not at the mercy of my download speed/capability.

Check the 99 cent daily movie, it is often just a short while after the DVD/Bluray release.  Caught Total Recall the other night and the BASS was UNREAL.

Rclark

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2013, 04:11 am »
I'm streaming through my PS3.

Rented The Hobbit tonight, watching it right now, and the image/audio quality is fantastic for a stream and better than Netflix. I'm renting 720P for $5.00 but they also have 1080p.

It's not quite Bluray but it's not that far off. Excellent to look at and listen to. And I'm enjoying this movie more than I thought I would.

Love this service, beats the pants off of Redbox any day.

ajzepp

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2013, 06:04 am »
Dang, TEN movies??? That's 9 more than I got when I signed up...maybe I should cancel and then sign up again? lol

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2013, 06:09 am »
Dang, TEN movies??? That's 9 more than I got when I signed up...maybe I should cancel and then sign up again? lol

http://www.vudu.com/free_movies_promotion.html

I'm an existing VUDU customer. Can I still qualify?
Sorry, existing VUDU users don't qualify for this promotion. However, you can still participate in our Refer-a-Friend program and get free movie credits.

I don't like the free movies you are offering. Can I get movie credits instead?
Sorry, the promotional offer is limited to these available movie titles only.

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2013, 11:51 pm »
Oh okay, so the free movies are pre-selected...I don't feel so bad missing out now, thanks Chris  :thumb:

Rclark

« Reply #6 on: 28 Mar 2013, 08:27 pm »
Seems like they're upping the rental period to THREE days.

I rented Lincoln (was fantastic, and again, the quality of playback is sublime), and still have two more days to watch it. Clicked on other titles to rent and indeed the rental period is now 72 hours.

Pretty good, I'm feeling confident in this service, enough to where I will probably just purchase large titles from them in the future, rather than rent.

Three days for $5.99 = no more reason to drive to Redbox.

ajzepp

« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2013, 12:00 am »
Seems like they're upping the rental period to THREE days.

I rented Lincoln (was fantastic, and again, the quality of playback is sublime), and still have two more days to watch it. Clicked on other titles to rent and indeed the rental period is now 72 hours.

Pretty good, I'm feeling confident in this service, enough to where I will probably just purchase large titles from them in the future, rather than rent.

Three days for $5.99 = no more reason to drive to Redbox.

FINALLY...I have complained about that a few times via emails to them. My main gripe was that they didn't clearly list whether it was a 24 or 48 hr rental on the browsing screens. It's not until you actually go to rent it that it will let you know. I would love it if they went to a standard 72hr rental period...that would help a ton.

To their credit, the few times when I wasn't able to finish a movie on time, they did give me the opportunity to rent it again at no charge. I'm sure they wouldn't be cool with that happening often, but apparently three times over the last few years wasn't a big deal to them. I have found their customer service to be very solid, so I'm glad to hear this news.

Doublej

« Reply #8 on: 29 Mar 2013, 12:11 am »
So you get to watch 10 free pre-selected movies in SD. Big whoop.

Rclark

« Reply #9 on: 29 Mar 2013, 12:34 am »
Don't see anyone else doing something similar. The service is worth checking out if you are a moviefile.

Rclark

« Reply #10 on: 29 Mar 2013, 12:39 am »
FINALLY...I have complained about that a few times via emails to them. My main gripe was that they didn't clearly list whether it was a 24 or 48 hr rental on the browsing screens. It's not until you actually go to rent it that it will let you know. I would love it if they went to a standard 72hr rental period...that would help a ton.

To their credit, the few times when I wasn't able to finish a movie on time, they did give me the opportunity to rent it again at no charge. I'm sure they wouldn't be cool with that happening often, but apparently three times over the last few years wasn't a big deal to them. I have found their customer service to be very solid, so I'm glad to hear this news.

I was actually pleasantly surprised. I watched Lincoln twice.

When PS4 comes out in a few months I am definitely springing for the remote control since it'll be my main device, again. You know, the only thing that will beat Vudu HD for high end streaming will be Sony's upcoming 4K movie service. I need to find a rich friend with one of these tv's so I can bring the PS4 over and watch it.

ajzepp

« Reply #11 on: 29 Mar 2013, 05:17 am »
I was actually pleasantly surprised. I watched Lincoln twice.

When PS4 comes out in a few months I am definitely springing for the remote control since it'll be my main device, again. You know, the only thing that will beat Vudu HD for high end streaming will be Sony's upcoming 4K movie service. I need to find a rich friend with one of these tv's so I can bring the PS4 over and watch it.

Lincoln is out?? How did I miss that....thanks!

Rclark

« Reply #12 on: 29 Mar 2013, 06:43 am »
Yeah enjoy that one. Could have used a bit less Sally Field but I still give it 5 out of 5 on sheer principle.

Doublej

« Reply #13 on: 29 Mar 2013, 10:44 am »
Don't see anyone else doing something similar. The service is worth checking out if you are a moviefile.

The first month at Netflix doesn't count?  :scratch:

Rclark

« Reply #14 on: 29 Mar 2013, 07:14 pm »
No, Netflix is definitely not the same thing. I have both. You want to see Lincoln or The Hobbit on Netflix? Good luck. And their image quality is a few cuts below. After all, Netflix is practically free.

Doublej

« Reply #15 on: 29 Mar 2013, 11:55 pm »
No, Netflix is definitely not the same thing. I have both. You want to see Lincoln or The Hobbit on Netflix? Good luck. And their image quality is a few cuts below. After all, Netflix is practically free.

Good to know. Thanks!

fredgarvin

« Reply #16 on: 2 Apr 2013, 04:43 pm »
I get it with my Roku, using a $43 hdmi switcher from monoprice to my receiver and the 5.1 sound is killer.