I'll try to work it over again.

ishmael010

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #1361 on: 26 Feb 2016, 05:34 pm »
could we have a downloadable .pdf?

thank you.

fernando.
James-
How do you distinguish between the original legacy BDP-2 models that had the third-party sound card & SPDIF interface, and the BDP-2s that have been upgraded to the new IAD?

Thanks in advance!

Dane

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1362 on: 26 Feb 2016, 05:48 pm »
HI

If you click on Audio Devices in Manic Moose interface it will show what sound card it being used.

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #1363 on: 26 Feb 2016, 06:57 pm »
HI

If you click on Audio Devices in Manic Moose interface it will show what sound card it being used.

james

...sorry, James but i have to ask you again: what was the serial number that started with the new soundcard?

al.

R. Daneel

« Reply #1364 on: 27 Feb 2016, 03:03 pm »
From my understanding, all BDP-2 machines manufactured from February 2015 onward come with preinstalled BUC board. Bryston held on delivery till May 2015 before the new BUC boards were done before they delivered the machines to the distributors. James told me this was inconvenient for Bryston for there was no profit to be made during this period but they wanted their customers to have the latest hardware.

I know this because I bought my BDP-2 in May and was surprised to discover that machine was manufactured in February. I found it odd because the other equipment I have was manufactured literally weeks before I had it in my home. I contacted James and the distributor and both of them told me the same thing.

Cheers!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1365 on: 27 Feb 2016, 03:29 pm »
From my understanding, all BDP-2 machines manufactured from February 2015 onward come with preinstalled BUC board. Bryston held on delivery till May 2015 before the new BUC boards were done before they delivered the machines to the distributors. James told me this was inconvenient for Bryston for there was no profit to be made during this period but they wanted their customers to have the latest hardware.

I know this because I bought my BDP-2 in May and was surprised to discover that machine was manufactured in February. I found it odd because the other equipment I have was manufactured literally weeks before I had it in my home. I contacted James and the distributor and both of them told me the same thing.

Cheers!
Antun

Thanks Antun

I am trying to get an exact serial number but as you say we were so far behind it was a little scattered there for a few weeks.  Production is looking into it for me.

james

BSMSPEMBA

« Reply #1366 on: 27 Feb 2016, 05:26 pm »
...sorry, James but i have to ask you again: what was the serial number that started with the new soundcard?

Knowing the serial number when they transitioned to the BUC card is a bit irrelevant, because the units with the Juli@ card are easily upgraded.  There are a number of owners that have already installed the BUC card.  Therefore, you have to follow Jame's original advice and check Audio Devices on the web interface.  If you are considering buying a preowned unit, get the seller to send you a screenshot.

ozzy

« Reply #1367 on: 27 Feb 2016, 08:34 pm »
I am getting an message on my Samsung tablet showing the Bryston DB crashed. What does that mean?
Also, on the media player screen it is showing -1-1-1 in a pyramid configuration. What does that mean?
Needless to say I cant play anything.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1368 on: 27 Feb 2016, 08:52 pm »
I am getting an message on my Samsung tablet showing the Bryston DB crashed. What does that mean?
Also, on the media player screen it is showing -1-1-1 in a pyramid configuration. What does that mean?
Needless to say I cant play anything.

Make sure the IP address has not changed.

james

ozzy

« Reply #1369 on: 28 Feb 2016, 12:14 am »
James, Thanks for the reply, but I think my BDP-2 is fried. Now it won't recognize any usb attached. The song list remains at 0.
I have turned it off and rebooted it several times. I have tried to remount, verify, update etc., etc. Still nothing.
I have noticed that before this final event I had been having problems with it. But usually with turning it off or unplugging it eventually it would operate.
Heck, I can't even put it into service mode!
Please advise..

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1370 on: 28 Feb 2016, 12:31 am »
James, Thanks for the reply, but I think my BDP-2 is fried. Now it won't recognize any usb attached. The song list remains at 0.
I have turned it off and rebooted it several times. I have tried to remount, verify, update etc., etc. Still nothing.
I have noticed that before this final event I had been having problems with it. But usually with turning it off or unplugging it eventually it would operate.
Heck, I can't even put it into service mode!
Please advise..

We will have to get it in for repair.  Please contact the dealer.

James

ozzy

« Reply #1371 on: 28 Feb 2016, 12:55 am »
I bought it direct from you guys.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1372 on: 28 Feb 2016, 01:00 am »
I bought it direct from you guys.

Hi

OK please contact Mike and we will arrange to have a look.

Mpickett@bryston.com

James

ozzy

« Reply #1373 on: 28 Feb 2016, 01:25 am »
Email just sent. Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1374 on: 29 Feb 2016, 06:37 pm »

al.

SN 650 and up has the new Bryston card.

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #1375 on: 29 Feb 2016, 08:35 pm »

:thumb:thanks, James.

al.

Fernando

• fernando _at_ -34.899705, -56.158880
« Reply #1376 on: 29 Feb 2016, 11:02 pm »

james

Thank you.

Audio Devices in Manic Moose interface it will no longer show what sound card it being used, since later updates.
Unless I got lost in the interface, which wouldn't surprise me.

I feel lucky: mine is 000754, and this happened at random.

Besides, the best quality Torx t10 I can buy here, fit rather loose.
Then, I decided not to open the unit.

Nonetheless, I do feel curious - but can hold myself.

Fernando.
« Last Edit: 1 Mar 2016, 07:45 pm by Fernando »

ishmael010

« Reply #1377 on: 4 Mar 2016, 06:09 pm »

james
James-
I have a question for you:
I recently purchased a BOT-1 to work with my BDP-2, to enable me to rip CDs directly to my NAS drive through the BDP-2 unit, as well as listen to CDs through it.  Wow, what an incredible time bog!  Totally inefficient, took forever.  I have the BPT-1 plugged into my BDP-2 via the supplied USB cable, the BDP-2 plugged into my Ethernet switch-a Netgear ProSafe Gigabit switch, right side-by-side my NAS drive, a WD 4 Tb EX2 NAS.  This arrangement works fabulously for playing music from the NAS through the BDP, very fast, but man, what a joke for ripping CDs, which was the primary reason I purchased the BOT-1.  Any suggestions on optimizing this combination to make it a useable setup?  As far as listening to CDs, the BOT-1 is replacing my PS Audio PWT PerfectWave Transport, I hope this wasn't a mis-step on my part.
Thanks in advance!

Dane

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1378 on: 4 Mar 2016, 06:21 pm »
James-
I have a question for you:
I recently purchased a BOT-1 to work with my BDP-2, to enable me to rip CDs directly to my NAS drive through the BDP-2 unit, as well as listen to CDs through it.  Wow, what an incredible time bog!  Totally inefficient, took forever.  I have the BPT-1 plugged into my BDP-2 via the supplied USB cable, the BDP-2 plugged into my Ethernet switch-a Netgear ProSafe Gigabit switch, right side-by-side my NAS drive, a WD 4 Tb EX2 NAS.  This arrangement works fabulously for playing music from the NAS through the BDP, very fast, but man, what a joke for ripping CDs, which was the primary reason I purchased the BOT-1.  Any suggestions on optimizing this combination to make it a useable setup?  As far as listening to CDs, the BOT-1 is replacing my PS Audio PWT PerfectWave Transport, I hope this wasn't a mis-step on my part.
Thanks in advance!

Dane

Hi Dane

It takes about 8 minutes with my BOT and BDP-2 player to rip the average CD.  How long is it taking in your setup?

As for listening that should be immediate.

james

Tympani

« Reply #1379 on: 4 Mar 2016, 07:53 pm »
I'll chime in. It takes an average of 10 to 15 minutes to BOT-rip a CD to my external SSD. Some longer! Very slow. On the other hand, the files sound significantly better than any other ripping technique I have used, including internal and external pc-based CD/DVD drives, with various ripping software including dBPoweramp.

So I will take the slowness, for the audio benefits. After backing these files up x 2, I don't think I will hold on to my silver discs. Given the time it will take to rip my whole collection, I doubt I will be doing it ever again. Too many discs, too little time...