A couple MM questions (artist view and qobuz)

Northman

A couple MM questions (artist view and qobuz)
« on: 6 Jul 2020, 04:21 pm »
I'm admittedly fairly incompetent with the tech side of things, so I'll apologize at the start if I'm just being clueless here. I have tried everything I can think of, including resetting to factory settings, rebooting, and experimenting with the various settings.

1) I'm happy with the BDP-2 and MM; it (almost all) seems to work. This is a minor complaint but when I use "Artist View" on the Media Player it will list on the left all the artists that are on my flash drive but won't show the correct album cover or artist image. It seems to pick one album cover and shows that same image for every band. Is there something in Settings that I'm missing? This doesn't affect how the BDP functions but ... I'd like "beautiful graphical perspective" that the manual describes.

2) This is more of a nuisance, though maybe there's nothing to do. On "artist view" I get the artist's profile and below it "Albums/Similar Artists/Missing Releases/Radio." I'm interested in the "Missing Releases," which seems to be (some) other albums by the artist. Pretty cool. Some only list the tracks but can't be played, but some are linked to Tidal and presumably COULD be played if I had Tidal. (I can play a 30 second sample for those tracks.) I had Tidal but ditched it for Qobuz. Is there a way to link these albums to Qobuz so, theoretically, I could listen to them from MM? Obviously I can access the music through a Qobuz search on MM or on Qobuz itself, but it might be cool to be able to do it from the Artist View.

Thanks to anyone who can help with this!

gbaby

Re: A couple MM questions (artist view and qobuz)
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2020, 05:16 pm »
I'm admittedly fairly incompetent with the tech side of things, so I'll apologize at the start if I'm just being clueless here. I have tried everything I can think of, including resetting to factory settings, rebooting, and experimenting with the various settings.

1) I'm happy with the BDP-2 and MM; it (almost all) seems to work. This is a minor complaint but when I use "Artist View" on the Media Player it will list on the left all the artists that are on my flash drive but won't show the correct album cover or artist image. It seems to pick one album cover and shows that same image for every band. Is there something in Settings that I'm missing? This doesn't affect how the BDP functions but ... I'd like "beautiful graphical perspective" that the manual describes.

2) This is more of a nuisance, though maybe there's nothing to do. On "artist view" I get the artist's profile and below it "Albums/Similar Artists/Missing Releases/Radio." I'm interested in the "Missing Releases," which seems to be (some) other albums by the artist. Pretty cool. Some only list the tracks but can't be played, but some are linked to Tidal and presumably COULD be played if I had Tidal. (I can play a 30 second sample for those tracks.) I had Tidal but ditched it for Qobuz. Is there a way to link these albums to Qobuz so, theoretically, I could listen to them from MM? Obviously I can access the music through a Qobuz search on MM or on Qobuz itself, but it might be cool to be able to do it from the Artist View.

I cannot answer question two as I only use my own music that I import never Tidal. As far as question No. 1, this may have more to do with the software you use to import you music than anything else. I started out using iTunes to import and cover art was hit and miss most times. However, I now use dbpoweramp and I get all cover art. In addition, the sound is much better than when importing using iTunes. So, I suggest you get dbpoweramp. You'll never look  back.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2020, 11:12 am »

If you place the BDP into service mode and email me the service ID we can take a look remotely.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Chris

gbaby

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2020, 03:00 pm »
If you place the BDP into service mode and email me the service ID we can take a look remotely.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Chris

Chris, please don't forget to send me either instructions or diagram on putting the harness on the BDP-3. Thanks.

Robert

Northman

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jul 2020, 10:18 pm »
Thank you so much, Chris. You were a great help a year or so ago when I was getting the BDP set up, and I appreciate so much the support that you and your Bryston colleagues offer to all of us. I don't want to waste your time with these cosmetic issues--but I'll shoot you an email and if it's easy, I'd appreciate the help.

And gbaby (Robert), great suggestion. Much of my music does indeed come via iTunes (whether purchased from them, sometimes years ago, or from a CD>iTunes). dBpoweramp is a terrific idea and might help with those album covers.

gbaby

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2020, 08:09 pm »

.... dBpoweramp is a terrific idea and might help with those album covers.

You'll never look back. 8) :D