Crackling with Toy Story 3 (Blu-ray)

Quiet Earth

Re: Crackling with Toy Story 3 (Blu-ray)
« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2011, 11:57 pm »
Another firmware update? I just updated the firmware on my 83 last week because all blu rays and dvds were freezing in the middle of the movie. Man that's irritating! It seems to happen after the unit has been on for at least an hour and then wham!, frozen picture. Stutter, stutter, play, freeze, stutter. The firmware update reduced the freezing by about 95 percent, so only a few discs seem to freeze up now, and only for a brief moment. But I'm not holding my breath. I think the unit will be toast before too long. I just passed the warrantee period so that's a tell tale sign.  :icon_twisted:

I wonder if I should try the latest firmware update too or leave well enough alone? Why can't they just make the damn thing work properly when it leaves the factory?  :cuss:

Sorry for the rant....... as for the audio glitch, don't forget to go through all of the audio menus on the oppo and match the audio output stream type and the sample rate with whatever you're plugging into. All audio components should match for rate and stream type. It sounds like you might have some kind of syncing issue or unnecessary sample rate conversion going on if you have clicking sounds though all of the speakers.