NCores and Vinyl

coverto

NCores and Vinyl
« on: 29 May 2012, 04:29 am »
Hi - haven't been able to dig up much commentary about how vinyl sounds through these amps. Curious, given that they are Class D, are they mainly recommended for digital sources? Any commentary on the pros/cons from experienced ears would be appreciated.

TomS

Re: NCores and Vinyl
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2012, 12:18 pm »
Since one of their strengths is neutrality, I don't think it really makes any difference whether the source is digital or analog. I have been using almost exclusively vinyl with the NCores since they arrived and they do indeed sound very good with my vinyl setup.

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2012, 01:47 pm »
I enjoy them very much with my vinyl rig, they pretty much just get out of the way.

PeteG

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2012, 02:10 pm »
Tom and Mike are correct, it has a very clear neutral sound so any good clean source will be fine. Worry’s I had with my vinyl system was that the Ncores are so transparent that the top end would have some sibilant(sp) to it, so far not a problem at all the sound is very neutral the full-range.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2012, 03:35 pm by PeteG »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2012, 11:59 am »
Since one of their strengths is neutrality, I don't think it really makes any difference whether the source is digital or analog. I have been using almost exclusively vinyl with the NCores since they arrived and they do indeed sound very good with my vinyl setup.
I agree.  I haven't listened to anything but vinyl in the last few days and it's great.  No complaints here. 

PeteG

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2012, 02:33 pm »
Having the Ncores in and out now back in, there is no question my vinyl sounds better to me with the Ncores.  I hear more detail out of the grooves and a little tighter bass even a tad more accurate, playing Ray Brown Trio “Soular Energy” last night I just sat there with one big smile.