RMAF new stuff, new stuff.... (pics on page 2)

seadogs1

Re: RMAF new stuff, new stuff.... (pics on page 2)
« Reply #160 on: 21 Sep 2012, 02:03 pm »
The new company is called Serenity Acoustics. And by new I mean totally new, not a peep, no talk, no publicity, still getting moving.

I have designed a lot of product lines before, but this part for me is a bit new though. I typically get a royalty that is some sort of percentage of sales for my design work. This time I took a small percentage of the company.    And I get say so about the whole product line. Whatever I decide.... And there are designs from a 93db mini-monitor that will play down to a -3db of 20Hz.

My Question is: When will the new company be starting up and when will the Mini-monitor be for sale and for how much? Thanks!
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2012, 02:41 pm by Danny Richie »

Danny Richie

« Reply #161 on: 21 Sep 2012, 02:44 pm »
My Question is: When will the new company be starting up and when will the Mini-monitor be for sale and for how much? Thanks!

The new company is starting up right now. They plan to make their debut at RMAF.

Four other models are in the works and the mini-monitor is pretty much next in line. Cost cannot be determined until the design is completed so that production cost are validated.

Hang in there. I am excited about that one too.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #162 on: 21 Sep 2012, 02:51 pm »
The new company is starting up right now. They plan to make their debut at RMAF.

Four other models are in the works and the mini-monitor is pretty much next in line. Cost cannot be determined until the design is completed so that production cost are validated.

Hang in there. I am excited about that one too.
Is Serenity Acoustics going to be ID? Any news on when a website will be up?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #163 on: 21 Sep 2012, 02:52 pm »
What kind of paramaters are you shooting for?  I ask as the Vapor Sound has been said to be one of the best if not hte best monitors out there now.  I know I'm looking forward to hearing them at RMAF.

This should all be very interesting.  Will you have a prototype at RMAF?
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2012, 03:38 pm by Danny Richie »

Danny Richie

« Reply #164 on: 21 Sep 2012, 03:43 pm »
What kind of paramaters are you shooting for?  I ask as the Vapor Sound has been said to be one of the best if not hte best monitors out there now.  I know I'm looking forward to hearing them at RMAF.

This should all be very interesting.  Will you have a prototype at RMAF?

I don't really "shoot" for parameters as one would think. And I don't consider others or target other companies.

The mini-monitor design has been tested and the specs and parameters have been confirmed using not so pretty test boxes. Now getting the nice looking curved cabinet design completed is next challenge for that design.

What I can tell you is that the Neo 10 tops any woofer out there in the range that they cover. They also match perfectly with the Neo tweeter. The spectral decay is very clean as well. The impedance is an easy load too. Sensitivity is 93db. That is much higher sensitivity than most mini-monitors. So you can drive these with just about anything. And with the servo subs in the stand there is flexibility in balancing the output for any room. This gives them a huge advantage over any other speaker. And then there is the fact that they can play really low...

Compare them to any other speaker that you want. Nothing offers what this speaker will offer. There really will not be any fair comparisons.

And the only speakers going to RMAF are the Super-7's.

And jtwrace, This new set up on AC added a modify button right next to the quote button. So I can now modify other peoples posts in my forum. I accidentally hit the modify button instead of the quote button and missed up your post thinking that I was responding (not modifying). I think I have what you stated restored now, but I think you had a quote in there that I lost. Sorry about that.

Danny Richie

« Reply #165 on: 21 Sep 2012, 03:44 pm »
Is Serenity Acoustics going to be ID? Any news on when a website will be up?

Something very new. More on that coming....

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #166 on: 21 Sep 2012, 03:49 pm »
And with the servo subs in the stand there is flexibility in balancing the output for any room. This gives them a huge advantage over any other speaker. And then there is the fact that they can play really low...
How many 8" servo subs in each stand?  Do you have an approximate cost?  $5k, $7.5k or $10k?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #167 on: 21 Sep 2012, 03:53 pm »
I don't really "shoot" for parameters as one would think. And I don't consider others or target other companies.

The mini-monitor design has been tested and the specs and parameters have been confirmed using not so pretty test boxes. Now getting the nice looking curved cabinet design completed is next challenge for that design.

What I can tell you is that the Neo 10 tops any woofer out there in the range that they cover. They also match perfectly with the Neo tweeter. The spectral decay is very clean as well. The impedance is an easy load too. Sensitivity is 93db. That is much higher sensitivity than most mini-monitors. So you can drive these with just about anything. And with the servo subs in the stand there is flexibility in balancing the output for any room. This gives them a huge advantage over any other speaker. And then there is the fact that they can play really low...

Compare them to any other speaker that you want. Nothing offers what this speaker will offer. There really will not be any fair comparisons.

And the only speakers going to RMAF are the Super-7's.

And jtwrace, This new set up on AC added a modify button right next to the quote button. So I can now modify other peoples posts in my forum. I accidentally hit the modify button instead of the quote button and missed up your post thinking that I was responding (not modifying). I think I have what you stated restored now, but I think you had a quote in there that I lost. Sorry about that.
No other speakers at all, or the only Serenity Acoustics?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #168 on: 21 Sep 2012, 04:02 pm »
 :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

Dang it, shorted out the keyboard again!  :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #169 on: 21 Sep 2012, 04:30 pm »
How many 8" servo subs in each stand?  Do you have an approximate cost?  $5k, $7.5k or $10k?

The plan is for two, but a version could get released with one. And no comment on the second question yet.

Danny Richie

« Reply #170 on: 21 Sep 2012, 04:30 pm »
No other speakers at all, or the only Serenity Acoustics?

I am not taking any other speakers to the show.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #171 on: 21 Sep 2012, 04:31 pm »
I am not taking any other speakers to the show.
Why abandon GR kits though?   :scratch:

Danny Richie

« Reply #172 on: 21 Sep 2012, 04:38 pm »
Why abandon GR kits though?   :scratch:

Kits are still available, and this year I have no new kits to show. And my Super-V's have received best sound at the show honors two years in a row already. Everyone already knows how good they are. It's time to take things over the top. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #173 on: 21 Sep 2012, 04:46 pm »
Kits are still available, and this year I have no new kits to show. And my Super-V's have received best sound at the show honors two years in a row already. Everyone already knows how good they are. It's time to take things over the top.
I'd still bring some sort of kit speaker though.  Even if it's an N3 as they really show what a reasonably priced speaker can sound like wtih some elbow grease (or dust). 

This is your game and you're the pro though. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #174 on: 21 Sep 2012, 05:11 pm »
I'd still bring some sort of kit speaker though.  Even if it's an N3 as they really show what a reasonably priced speaker can sound like wtih some elbow grease (or dust). 

This is your game and you're the pro though.

Yeah, but it takes an awful lot of N3 sales to cover the advertising cost of a $4,400 room. And any time spent showing kits is time people would not have to hear the Super-7's. Time spent swapping out speakers is time lost too. We also optimize the room around the speakers.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #175 on: 21 Sep 2012, 05:19 pm »
If Dave doesn't have the desire to haul some of his new cables or power cords back, I'll pack light so there's some room in my suitcase.... :icon_twisted:
I don't like to haul parts and pieces back, either.  There will definitly be show specials from PI audio group at RMAF.  I'll have a listing of what I will be taking on my Circle in a day or so after I figure out what all it will be.

Pack light, my friend  :lol:

You, too, jn316................................

Dave

jn316

« Reply #176 on: 21 Sep 2012, 07:11 pm »

Dave

No packing light for me, I'm driving...big vehicle, huge vehicle!  :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #177 on: 21 Sep 2012, 07:14 pm »
No packing light for me, I'm driving...big vehicle, huge vehicle!  :thumb:
That's how you get smokin' good deals on really big stuff.   :thumb:

Cash and carry is king IME. 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #178 on: 21 Sep 2012, 08:34 pm »
That's how you get smokin' good deals on really big stuff.   :thumb:

Cash and carry is king IME.
You guys are right. CASH is BIG in Denver.  Always a good way to pick up the great products at rockin' prices  :drums:

Dave

SoCalWJS

« Reply #179 on: 21 Sep 2012, 10:54 pm »
I don't like to haul parts and pieces back, either.  There will definitly be show specials from PI audio group at RMAF.  I'll have a listing of what I will be taking on my Circle in a day or so after I figure out what all it will be.

Pack light, my friend  :lol:

Dave
Then I'll bring 2 suitcases. One full of clothes and necesseties and one empty for filling up when I get there (or should it just be full of cash  :banghead:)