2011 Capital Audio Fest...

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
2011 Capital Audio Fest...
« on: 16 Feb 2011, 03:24 am »
http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/

The 2011 Capital Audio Fest is July 7-10, 2011.

The plan is to attend Saturday so we can go out to eat afterwards; the hotel has a place or whatever is decided that's nearby.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: 2011 Capital Audio Fest...
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2011, 02:59 pm »
I am sure I will make one of the days.  I don't know about dinner as I will probably have my daughter with me.  I know she will want to catch up with Mary if the Salks come again.  I see a DeBussy DAC in the Voice That Is room.  I want to check that out. 

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2011, 02:28 pm »
Reminder; Saturday is the day we are planning.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2011, 04:13 pm »
Reminder; Saturday is the day we are planning.

OK - you know who I am and I know who you are (assuming at my age I still remember that in July).  Did you have a meeting place (room and time) in mind?  I may also know a couple of other people who are not on the board who might come but it would be helpful as there are many rooms and I'm sure there will be more people there than monitor this thread.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2011, 05:16 pm »
OK - you know who I am and I know who you are (assuming at my age I still remember that in July).  Did you have a meeting place (room and time) in mind?  I may also know a couple of other people who are not on the board who might come but it would be helpful as there are many rooms and I'm sure there will be more people there than monitor this thread.

At a certain time around dinner, we'll meet in the lobby; that way, one can enjoy what they want to enjoy (equipment). You and I will carpool; whomever wants to hang with us can. We'll bump into people during the day for updates; all I ask is people to keep us in the loop.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2011, 05:25 pm »
I'm planning on going for sure, I'll PM some of you as we get closer to the date.

Woodsea

« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2011, 09:22 am »
My home town.  I will be there!

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jun 2011, 02:52 am »
Bump...

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jul 2011, 09:39 pm »
Hi All,
I've been pretty quiet in this Circle, but I'm looking forward to going to the Audio Fest.  I'm a Rockville homey; how could I miss this?!  I will meet up for dinner.  I have not met any of you, so I'm not sure how we will get together, but I'm sure we can work it out.  I'll wear a red flower in my vest, or something like that.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Rich

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 3 Jul 2011, 01:05 pm »
Roll call...

Phil A

« Reply #10 on: 3 Jul 2011, 02:24 pm »

jtsnead

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jul 2011, 02:37 pm »
I will be there "Kids" willing.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #12 on: 3 Jul 2011, 03:17 pm »
I will be there and hope to meet the local AC members.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #13 on: 3 Jul 2011, 06:23 pm »
Dennis Murphy will be showing his own new speakers along with Jim Salk's Soundscape 10s at the Capital Audio fest.

We supplied him with a Fet Valve hybrid amp and Vision DAC/Preamp to use for the show.

I understand he will be playing records mostly.

I did not have time to build him new units so he has my own shop units without our newest and greatest upgrade, to IEC power sockets.  These samples still have our old captive power cords, but anything new shipping now has the capabiliy to let you use your own pet power cord.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

pansixt

« Reply #14 on: 3 Jul 2011, 08:36 pm »
Hi All,
I've been pretty quiet in this Circle, but I'm looking forward to going to the Audio Fest.  I'm a Rockville homey; how could I miss this?!  I will meet up for dinner.  I have not met any of you, so I'm not sure how we will get together, but I'm sure we can work it out.  I'll wear a red flower in my vest, or something like that.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Rich

I would like to meet up for dinner as well, and since I don't have an AVA hat or AC Tee shirt, I will be wearing an old McIntosh baseball cap.
James

Phil A

« Reply #15 on: 3 Jul 2011, 08:49 pm »
You can recognize me from my picture here, one in my gallery but not the guys in the Post Office :green:

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 3 Jul 2011, 09:17 pm »
Have we decided on the dinner location???

Phil A

« Reply #17 on: 3 Jul 2011, 10:12 pm »
Have we decided on the dinner location???

I'm not sure what everyone likes.  Maybe we can ask them at the entrance to let everyone know a time and place to meet and also ask around as we wander through.  If it is a very big crowd, we may need to make comprises as to when and where as the normal local dinner crowd will also be out.

pansixt

« Reply #18 on: 3 Jul 2011, 10:52 pm »
Wish the Psychedeli was still there on Cordell Ave.
And HFS in the Triangle Towers. 102.3. FM. Those were the days.
Well that was Bethesda, but it's all relative. And they blend together now up Rockville Pike.
James

Phil A

« Reply #19 on: 4 Jul 2011, 12:29 am »
Before my time in this area.  I don't get up that way much.  Overdue to a trip during a nice day to Bethesda.  When I do get to the area I usually end up near Cordell on a Sunday night and catch the Mary Ann Redmond band at the Harp and Fiddle.