Mini Watt Integrated amplifier tour (sign up here)

cryoparts

Re: Mini Watt Integrated amplifier tour (sign up here)
« Reply #60 on: 7 Jul 2009, 05:36 am »
6J1P is equivalent to EF95, 6F32, 6AK7. But I could be wrong. Russians make some good spects military grade 6J1Ps.

If that's the case, I have a bunch of 5654W's that I bought and cryo'd a while back.  I'll check tomorrow, if I can find them, I will donate them to the tour, for others to try.

Peace,

Lee

Mariusz

« Reply #61 on: 7 Jul 2009, 02:29 pm »
6J1P is equivalent to EF95, 6F32, 6AK7. But I could be wrong. Russians make some good spects military grade 6J1Ps.

If that's the case, I have a bunch of 5654W's that I bought and cryo'd a while back.  I'll check tomorrow, if I can find them, I will donate them to the tour, for others to try.

Peace,

Lee

I have forwarded tube comparability question to MiniWatt.
Sooner I get the answer the better. Just to be on the safe side.

Lee,
We appreciate your generosity. It would be really informative to hear some reports on tube rolling and how MiniWatt responds to various tubes. If it is an option ofcause .

Mariusz :thumb:
« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2009, 03:59 pm by Mariusz »

Mariusz

« Reply #62 on: 7 Jul 2009, 04:12 pm »
Confirmation:
You can tube rolling 6P1 with 6P1P-EV, and 6J1 with EF95/6AK5/5654. :drool:

I hope it helps.

ebag4

« Reply #63 on: 7 Jul 2009, 05:39 pm »
Mariusz,
I certainly appreciate your decision to continue with the tour.  I am looking forward to auditioning the Miniwatt.

Best,
Ed

cryoparts

« Reply #64 on: 7 Jul 2009, 05:44 pm »
Confirmation:

I hope it helps.

PM, or preferably, e-mail me your address and I'll stick a set of NOS cryo'd CV4010/6AK5W/5654 in the mail to you to try.

Peace,

Lee

Mariusz

« Reply #65 on: 7 Jul 2009, 07:54 pm »
Confirmation:

I hope it helps.

PM, or preferably, e-mail me your address and I'll stick a set of NOS cryo'd CV4010/6AK5W/5654 in the mail to you to try.

Peace,

Lee

Thanks a lot Lee & Ed.

I would love to try it but if possible and not to much of a trouble, maybe one of the tour participants would like to have this opportunity first. If so, please PM or post your interest and I will forward your address to Lee or you can contact Lee directly........if it is OK with Lee.

I have prepared two speaker wire sets and two interconnect sets which I will include in tour unit for those who asked for it. There are nothing special but seems to work with this amp quite nicely.
Note - power cables are not included as the MiniWatt feels that customers in most cases would like to try their own cables. I have brought it up to their attention that it might be a good idea to provide a basic PC to complete the package and promised that I will ask you guys for your opinion on that matter.

Thanks to all for support and willingness to participate in the tour.
I hope you guys will have a little fun with this amp and share your thoughts with others who might be interested in inexpensive alternatives on the budget.

P.S
One black unit is going to ecramer group and I am keeping the other two units for myself and another local audiophile so the remaining tour units will be in silver.

Cheers

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #66 on: 7 Jul 2009, 10:57 pm »
 aa cryoed tubes count me in if i can get on the list to try them

ED

Mariusz are you cables new will they need a little break in time?

Power cords that's a sticky wicket. I looking around to see what i have not won't pull the little tike of the stand  :lol:

Confirmation:

I hope it helps.

Peace,

Lee

Thanks a lot Lee & Ed.

I would love to try it but if possible and not to much of a trouble, maybe one of the tour participants would like to have this opportunity first. If so, please PM or post your interest and I will forward your address to Lee or you can contact Lee directly........if it is OK with Lee.

I have prepared two speaker wire sets and two interconnect sets which I will include in tour unit for those who asked for it. There are nothing special but seems to work with this amp quite nicely.
Note - power cables are not included as the MiniWatt feels that customers in most cases would like to try their own cables. I have brought it up to their attention that it might be a good idea to provide a basic PC to complete the package and promised that I will ask you guys for your opinion on that matter.

I hope you guys will have a little fun with this amp and share your thoughts with others who might be interested in inexpensive alternatives on the budget.

P.S
One black unit is going to ecramer group and I am keeping the other two units for myself and another local audiophile so the remaining tour units will be in silver.

Cheers

Mariusz

« Reply #67 on: 7 Jul 2009, 11:07 pm »
aa cryoed tubes count me in if i can get on the list to try them

ED

Mariusz are you cables new will they need a little break in time?

Power cords that's a sticky wicket. I looking around to see what i have not won't pull the little tike of the stand  :lol:

Confirmation:

I hope it helps.

Peace,

Lee

Thanks a lot Lee & Ed.

P.S

Cheers

Ed please contact Lee about the tubes. It should be nice to have them for comparison reasons.
If they are better then stock tube, ....... there you go - great source for replacements. Given that Lee has a nice stash of them.

If you are having problems with PC, I will include one as well.

Mariusz

« Reply #68 on: 7 Jul 2009, 11:13 pm »
Oh yeah,
cables will need 100h to sound half way decent.
Interconnects are Eichmann Bullet Plugs (copper)

Mariusz  :thumb:

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #69 on: 7 Jul 2009, 11:26 pm »

If you are having problems with PC, I will include one as well. Mariusz :thumb:

I'm ok with power cords i was really just joking, but you know how this hobby is and I'm sure you have seen some big power cords plugged into a very small unit  :lol:

ED

Mariusz

« Reply #70 on: 8 Jul 2009, 12:23 am »

If you are having problems with PC, I will include one as well. Mariusz :thumb:

I'm ok with power cords i was really just joking, but you know how this hobby is and I'm sure you have seen some big power cords plugged into a very small unit  :lol:

ED

Got ya, but if you need something smaller and more flexible just let me know and I will send it to your group.

cryoparts

« Reply #71 on: 8 Jul 2009, 01:14 am »
Ed please contact Lee about the tubes. It should be nice to have them for comparison reasons.
If they are better then stock tube, ....... there you go - great source for replacements. Given that Lee has a nice stash of them.

I'm not really interested in selling them as I picked them up for a song and will never use them, I only needed four, but the auction was for 10, I think.  Here's what I'll do, I'll send Mariusz a couple of sets tomorrow (I need your address Mariusz...) and he can forward them on to whomever is interested in trying them out.

EDIT--I am sending a set to Ed (he PM'd me before I posted the above), so I'll send Maiusz two pair and Ed one.

If you guys end up liking them, I'll tell you where I got them and one of you can do a group buy, or something, and then send them to me for cryo if you want.  I just don't have the time to organize a group buy right now, sorry.  Plus, it will be cheaper that way as I don't need to make a profit on the group buy to justify my time. 

Peace,

Lee

mcullinan

« Reply #72 on: 8 Jul 2009, 02:17 am »
Mariusz,
 Id like to try this I think. The mini should drive the Merlins pretty nice. 89 efficiency. Let me know.
Mike

Mariusz

« Reply #73 on: 8 Jul 2009, 03:03 am »
Mariusz,
 Id like to try this I think. The mini should drive the Merlins pretty nice. 89 efficiency. Let me know.
Mike

I will loan you my personal unit at one of the meets........ Jim's Rave perhaps?
89db efficiency would be on the boarder of common sense and realistic listening level.
I can not predict the outcome but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot........ you have nothing to loose?

Cheers

Mariusz

« Reply #74 on: 8 Jul 2009, 03:55 am »
tour unit 1:  droht   -  Pennsylvania, mytubes211 N.J, ecramer  -  Pennsylvania

tour unit 2:  santacore - California ,  yo2tup    - California , playntheblues TX 

tour unit 3:  ebag4  - So. Indiana , Pardales - MI, dburna - IL (this unit will come with speaker wires banana terminated)

Am I missing anyone??
« Last Edit: 8 Jul 2009, 04:48 pm by Mariusz »

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #75 on: 8 Jul 2009, 10:01 am »
Looks good, thanks Mariusz

Mariusz

« Reply #76 on: 8 Jul 2009, 04:42 pm »
Tour units shipped out this morning.
droht, santacore and ebag4 are first to receive MiniWatts.
I will forward the addresses to next participant on the list later today.
You can also contact that person individually to make the arrangements.
If you are going to keep it for less then a week let the other person know.
Same scenario if it is going to be a bit longer ( I understand that we are all busy and can ship only on certain days of the week)

Have fun

P.S

Speaker cables for dburna will come directly to you. When you are finished additioning the MiniWatt, just put them together with MiniWatt so you do not have to ship it twice.
Same for ecramer. (Due to very tight spacing on MiniWatt, I have to make a custom interconnect without Bamboo shell, I just realized that while dry fitting connections :duh:)

Best
Mariusz

santacore

« Reply #77 on: 8 Jul 2009, 04:45 pm »
Thanks Mariusz, I'm looking forward to checking out this little goodie.

Mariusz

« Reply #78 on: 8 Jul 2009, 04:58 pm »
Thanks Mariusz, I'm looking forward to checking out this little goodie.

I'm sure that you will have a LOTS of fun with it.
The units are brand new and will need some time to sound their best.
But from my experience, it'll sound quite good after just 3 days. I have run in for 16h straight without hiccups. So far I have put my personal unit through its pace and  I have to say, it takes whatever it's thrown at it without complaints.

Cheers

ebag4

« Reply #79 on: 8 Jul 2009, 05:27 pm »
A big THANKS to you Mariusz for going to all of this trouble just to let us other audiophools hear this amp.  That is going way beyond the call of duty and it is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ed