HAP-Z1ES Unbalanced vs Balanced

Allen Dodge

HAP-Z1ES Unbalanced vs Balanced
« on: 30 Jan 2015, 01:46 pm »
Vinnie:
I have decided to send my player in for the level 3 mod.  My preamp (Audio Research Anniversary Reference) handles unbalanced and balanced equally well.  Have you a preference concerning the sound of your unbalanced verses balanced mod? 

Also, I have not had anything modified before.  I assume I just send my unit to you along with my mailing information after I pay via your site (i.e. no tracking info required from you).  Thank you for your time. 

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: HAP-Z1ES Unbalanced vs Balanced
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2015, 11:59 pm »
Vinnie:
I have decided to send my player in for the level 3 mod.  My preamp (Audio Research Anniversary Reference) handles unbalanced and balanced equally well.  Have you a preference concerning the sound of your unbalanced verses balanced mod? 

Also, I have not had anything modified before.  I assume I just send my unit to you along with my mailing information after I pay via your site (i.e. no tracking info required from you).  Thank you for your time.

Hi Allen,

Welcome to AC and the RWA forum!

The modded BAL and SE outputs offer EQUAL performance.  If you are running short runs of interconnects (under 5 feet), I would go SE. 

Yes, you are correct about the process.  But please email me before shipping it.  Right now, I am very busy with the LIO builds (www.vinnierossi.com).  I wouldn't even be able to start modding your Sony for around 4 weeks.  So I would hold onto it for now.

Vinnie