Does Anyone have any experience with Nuforce Amps?

silversurfer

« Reply #460 on: 2 Aug 2005, 07:09 am »
Jason,

Yes I would like to have a DC offset of zero Volt. This way Nuforce can be taken into consideration to actively drive ribbons without the need for placing capacitors which sort of negates the benefits of truly going active. The ribbons will be Apogee's Duetta's Signature driven by nuforce 9 if they can give the necessary current.

Kind Regards

Wombat_VC

DC Offset Deal Breaker
« Reply #461 on: 4 Aug 2005, 01:08 am »
My Definitive Technology BP7004 can only accomodate 25V DC offset of speaker-in to ground with LFE connected. 24V is too close, so NuForce is no go for me unless the offset is zero.

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
Re: DC Offset Deal Breaker
« Reply #462 on: 4 Aug 2005, 10:52 pm »
Quote from: Wombat_VC
My Definitive Technology BP7004 can only accomodate 25V DC offset of speaker-in to ground with LFE connected. 24V is too close, so NuForce is no go for me unless the offset is zero.

Sorry for the confusion.

The DC offset that matters, between +ve and -ve terminals is less than 0.1V.   Both speaker terminals sits on 24VDC to ground.   This is common to switching amplifiers using a single supply rail (1/2 Vcc = virtual analog ground).

In general, only Apogee users have to be concerned with the 0.1V DC offset, this is not an issue with all other speaker types.

The 24VDC to ground limit with the Definitive Technology is because of its built-in subwoofer amp tapping signals from the speaker leads.  If the BP7004 has a line level input, then it's better to route a line level signal directly to its built-in subwoofer.   Or if it allows for a separate woofer speaker connection, wire a 200-300uF bipolar capacitor in series.

Casey
NuForce

mmakshak

high frequencies
« Reply #463 on: 6 Aug 2005, 12:18 am »
I have the Nuforce 8.01 balanced amplifiers.  They are very sophisticated amps and require that I set up my turntable(so at least the armboard is flush with the top plate) and speaker placement properly.  My point here has little to do with the Nuforce.  What I want to discuss is the assumption that ribbon tweeters or electrostatices have the treble perfectly correct.  Raise your hand if you have ever met perfection in audio.  To assume  that ribbons or electrostatics have treble correct is incorrect(only God is perfect).  I challenge those people with that assumption to tell me what ribbons or electrostatics are lacking in the treble.

mmakshak

I didn't mean to stop the dialogue
« Reply #464 on: 25 Aug 2005, 05:58 am »
My comments about tweeters don't belong here.  I do believe the Nuforce 8.01's have become a very sophisticated amplifier.  It is more harmonically correct now, I believe.  But now the work begins.  I am forced to correct my inadequate setup.

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: I didn't mean to stop the dialogue
« Reply #465 on: 25 Aug 2005, 07:10 pm »
Quote from: mmakshak
My comments about tweeters don't belong here.....

they make a hell of a lot more sense than your comments about god.   :o

doug s.

mr_bill

« Reply #466 on: 26 Aug 2005, 12:14 am »
What part of the comment about God didn't make sense?  He only made one comment and it made sense to me!

WerTicus

« Reply #467 on: 26 Aug 2005, 05:48 am »
dont start talk about religion it can only end badly.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #468 on: 26 Aug 2005, 02:23 pm »
Quote from: mr_bill
What part of the comment about God didn't make sense?  He only made one comment and it made sense to me!

god is perfect?  this makes sense to you?!?  what planet are you living on?   :o

only one thing for sure that i know about god.  it's dog spelled backwards.  everything else is pure speculation on anyone's part.  of course good christians like pat robertson may disagree w/me! :lol:

and, werticus, i agree w/you - most anything about religion - organized religion anyways - ends up badly.  arguing about god is like arguing about who has the best imaginary friend.   :wink:

doug s.

gme109

« Reply #469 on: 26 Aug 2005, 06:20 pm »
"and, werticus, i agree w/you - most anything about religion - organized religion anyways - ends up badly. arguing about god is like arguing about who has the best imaginary friend. "

What's religion got to do with God? Not much.

gme109

« Reply #470 on: 26 Aug 2005, 06:29 pm »
"and, werticus, i agree w/you - most anything about religion - organized religion anyways - ends up badly. arguing about god is like arguing about who has the best imaginary friend. "

What's God have to do with religion? Not much.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #471 on: 26 Aug 2005, 06:36 pm »
Quote from: gme109
What's religion got to do with God? Not much.

couldn't agree more.  try to convince all the "religious" folk that.  
 :o

doug s.

mr_bill

« Reply #472 on: 26 Aug 2005, 07:30 pm »
earth   :)  - you know the one God created.
(in response to your question)
thanks for asking,
bill

WerTicus

« Reply #473 on: 27 Aug 2005, 12:53 am »
its begun!

Agisthos

« Reply #474 on: 27 Aug 2005, 04:24 am »
I request God be given his own forum in the manufacturers circle!!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #475 on: 27 Aug 2005, 10:31 am »
If you people keep going with the discussion about God and religion in this topic, I will have to play the NuForce Circle god and start making things disappear!
 :nono:

mmakshak

My reference to God
« Reply #476 on: 1 Sep 2005, 04:02 am »
My reference to God was to make a point that nothing is perfect.  Nothing else intended here.  Let's continue with the Nuforce discussion(twice I've messed up continued dialog).

mmakshak

Back onto the subject
« Reply #477 on: 2 Sep 2005, 06:36 am »
Let's continue.  I thought that the main difference between the 8b and the 8.01b had to do with high frequencies and dynamics(my comments about ribbon tweeters and electrostatics had to do with my DCM Time Windows only being good until about 18 khz).  Any insights or comments?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #478 on: 2 Sep 2005, 08:44 am »
I think we should forget about 8, we have moved on to 8.01 :)
The improvement is on the high freq, especially 10K to 20K range.  8.01 has lower THD in that region. But not everyone can detect it as ability to hear high freq is very much ear dependent.

mmakshak

I think that I might hear it
« Reply #479 on: 19 Sep 2005, 06:02 am »
I may not hear it(the 8 versus the 8.01), but I don't believe that anyone can now object to the high-frequency performance.