New tool!

steve in jersey

Re: New tool!
« Reply #100 on: 27 Apr 2016, 01:20 pm »
Bob, I don't know if you realize that now that you've mobilized this table (& added that paper roll to the end),you have a wonderful opportunity at hand for a "side business" ...  Neighborhood Backyard Doctor Examinations & minor surgery.

Your neighbors would be thrilled to know they won't have arrange their schedules around taking a trip to the Doctor's office for a mishap they might have had. They could just call "Bob's Quick-fix & Consultations" & you can bring the "Examination Table" to them !

(Innovation is a wonderful thing. It's only limited by our Imagination.) (& maybe our Sanity ; but let's not be negative here)

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #101 on: 27 Apr 2016, 01:25 pm »
Kenneth, yea... wouldn't that be "convenient"?  :lol:

Steve, I actually asked my wife to be my first "inspection", but she wouldn't go for it.
Maybe it was because the saw was plugged in at the time?  :scratch:

steve in jersey

« Reply #102 on: 27 Apr 2016, 02:14 pm »
I have no idea why women are always so skeptical of "seemingly ,semi-logical" ideas that we pose to them !

How logical can they actually be if they stay with us ??? (Oh wait a minute, I'm single; Nevermind !)

TomS

« Reply #103 on: 27 Apr 2016, 02:15 pm »
Great work Bob, very creative use of the space and tools. Love the DIY table upgrades and the paper roller  :thumb:

I just added a monster combination tool (1400# worth!) here and upgraded my 2hp dust collector with Super Dust Deputy cyclone and HEPA filter. I'm just a (learning) hobbyist but it makes a huge difference in my shop, especially if you have decent airflow at the tool itself. Something to consider in that tight closed space ;-)

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #104 on: 27 Apr 2016, 02:24 pm »
Absolutely Tom. One of my favorite tools is the dust collector. Eventually, I'll plumb the entire shop, but until then, I've just just the 4" hose hanging from the ceiling. "Someday", I'll have an actual air cleaner to get rid of the fine particles. I'd also like to have an exhaust fan to pull out the nasty smells from paints, stains, farts and chemicals instead of letting them fill the entire house.
That roll of paper has also turned out to be a good source of packing material when shipping things too. Nice bonus!