Price Increases on Vapor Audios Website

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Price Increases on Vapor Audios Website
« Reply #80 on: 15 Jul 2017, 07:36 pm »
Um....this is precisely what investing is. An investor expects a return and gets a piece of the company as collateral. An investor may - depending on contract language - offer business advice, advertising, help with sales, accounting, etc. The start up benefits first by receiving a much needed cash infusion, and secondarily benefits from any business acumen that the investor may bring to the table.

It is a legal relationship. The investor wants the start up to succeed. Certainly, it is not gift money.  :)

Stuart

« Reply #81 on: 15 Jul 2017, 08:35 pm »
Assuming you got enough capital to get you through the initial launching step, customer service is Job No. 1.

There is no customer service at Vapor!!!

EdRo

« Reply #82 on: 15 Jul 2017, 09:42 pm »
Stuart, have you ever worked with me? Do you have a horse in this Vapor-bash? I've rebuilt a customers speaker order because he didn't like the paint job. (I have nothing to do with the painting, btw.) I appreciate the serious talk and advice given, but I personally take that comment to heart. I don't have anything to do with Ryans builds, and he did final fit and finish with all cabs, but I build the Aurora and Nimbus. I understand that people have had to wait an inexorably long time for orders, as has been pointed out time and time again. I hope that we (Vapor) can get through this. We as a group have built some outstanding speakers; I'm very proud of what we've done together. I plan on continuing to build. I have a set of Auroras on my bench right now, plus a set of Nimbus waiting for baffles, not to mention a brand new prototype. Maybe they'll be my personal sets. Who knows? All I can do is try. I know that Ryan is working; things are getting finished. Thats all we can do. As long as people show interest in what I build, I will build. Hell, I'll still build anyway. Who am I kidding?

charmerci

« Reply #83 on: 15 Jul 2017, 10:42 pm »
I'm not looking to stir up a hornets' nest, but I've often wondered why some of these start ups don't seek out investors -

Far too often, people won't invest until something gets going, is starting to bring in money and reputation, then the investors - because they have the cash - want 51+% percent of the company, i.e. control.

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #84 on: 15 Jul 2017, 10:57 pm »
Stuart, have you ever worked with me? Do you have a horse in this Vapor-bash? I've rebuilt a customers speaker order because he didn't like the paint job. (I have nothing to do with the painting, btw.) I appreciate the serious talk and advice given, but I personally take that comment to heart. I don't have anything to do with Ryans builds, and he did final fit and finish with all cabs, but I build the Aurora and Nimbus. I understand that people have had to wait an inexorably long time for orders, as has been pointed out time and time again. I hope that we (Vapor) can get through this. We as a group have built some outstanding speakers; I'm very proud of what we've done together. I plan on continuing to build. I have a set of Auroras on my bench right now, plus a set of Nimbus waiting for baffles, not to mention a brand new prototype. Maybe they'll be my personal sets. Who knows? All I can do is try. I know that Ryan is working; things are getting finished. Thats all we can do. As long as people show interest in what I build, I will build. Hell, I'll still build anyway. Who am I kidding?

Ed is a standup guy. He has absolutely nothing to do with my Cirrus 2.0 build, yet when Ryan completely ignored my "Fair Warning" emails before I canceled in Sep 2016, Ed stepped in and offered to build a Nimbus or Aurora for me for his parts costs. My build is not his problem, but he offered to do what he could. I have a huge amount of respect for Ed and wish him well.

Todd

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #85 on: 16 Jul 2017, 12:04 am »
Ed is a standup guy. He has absolutely nothing to do with my Cirrus 2.0 build, yet when Ryan completely ignored my "Fair Warning" emails before I canceled in Sep 2016, Ed stepped in and offered to build a Nimbus or Aurora for me for his parts costs. My build is not his problem, but he offered to do what he could. I have a huge amount of respect for Ed and wish him well.

Todd

Excellent.

Way to go Ed.

Recorder

« Reply #86 on: 24 Jul 2017, 09:47 pm »
I am one of the ones waiting in the queue, for a pair of Joule Blacks.  I am patiently waiting because I fully expect eventually to receive fantastic speakers at a great price.  I sympathize with Ryan's situation with the loss of his wife, in terms of emotional connection, help running the household and much of the family's cash flow.  I can see how the Vehement deal can leverage Ryan's expertise to produce much-needed cash flow, without requiring a lot of his time.  I think it is a great move and is likely the reason why he has been able to get the custom products moving out the door again. 

Ryan has been in touch with all of us who are waiting for our custom speakers and has facilitated communication among us, which is a very welcome move. 

I am optimistic!

bajaed

« Reply #87 on: 24 Jul 2017, 11:48 pm »
Great to hear. What finish did you select for your Joule Blacks?

Archguy

« Reply #88 on: 25 Jul 2017, 12:00 am »
On the bright side, even threads like this cause random people like myself--who've never before heard of the brand--to become interested in a product which has received so many accolades...and to want to hear them, even if we might have to mortgage the house to afford them.

What's that they say about publicity?  So long as they spell your name right....

PS: Thread needs moar pics

pconley2

« Reply #89 on: 25 Jul 2017, 12:17 am »
What BajaEd said +1, interested in which finish and veneer you chose, also why did you go for the Blacks over the Whites.

Keep us informed as to how things proceed, and post pictures.

Archguy, my avatar is a picture Ryan took of my speakers when they were still in his shop.

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #90 on: 25 Jul 2017, 12:51 pm »

Ryan has been in touch with all of us who are waiting for our custom speakers and has facilitated communication among us, which is a very welcome move. 

That's not true as documented twice earlier in this thread.