Show me your pride and joy -- your turntables!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Show me your pride and joy -- your turntables!
« Reply #20 on: 12 Apr 2019, 02:13 pm »
Dang, you guys have some pretty stuff!  Hi5 has more in his platform feet than I've got in my second table.

This is a Victor TT81 that I picked up and recapped, then bought router bits to make the base.  Arm is a Jelco 750 10" with a Sumiko Blackbird.
The main system has a Vyger Timor with a Dynavector 20xL.
  Mine has a Pioneer Exclusive P3 tonearm in a pod. 

hi5harry

« Reply #21 on: 13 Apr 2019, 02:17 pm »
"Dang, you guys have some pretty stuff!  Hi5 has more in his platform feet than I've got in my second table".
 Oh, I'm not so sure ANY of us want to leave the price tag on our vinyl rigs for others to see! I think we all hear something in analog we are not willing to give up. I am thrilled to see so many vinyl crazies and D.I.Y. turntables. I guess there is still some passion left in analog.
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2019, 02:29 pm by hi5harry »

vintage9594

« Reply #22 on: 13 Apr 2019, 09:30 pm »

I have a Garrard 301 rebuilt by Woodsong Audio in Idaho with a Fidelity Research FR-64s Arm and Koetsu Black Goldline.  I had a Skeletal Plinth made by Acoustand in the UK and lastly fitted with
Boston Audio Mat 1 Platter Mat.

Folsom

« Reply #23 on: 13 Apr 2019, 10:01 pm »
Nice!

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #24 on: 13 Apr 2019, 10:35 pm »
Boy I’d be ashamed to post my tables. So I won’t.  :lol:

Scott F.

« Reply #25 on: 14 Apr 2019, 01:28 am »
Don, you switched arms! What happened to the SME?

Mudslide

« Reply #26 on: 14 Apr 2019, 03:53 am »
Thanks Mud!

It's been a lot of years in the making but I'm pretty well done. I use it for (mostly) passive listening as my music room doubles as my office for work. When I get the urge to actually listen', she delivers pretty darned well. I've had more refined systems but this one bridges the gap between detail and involvement really well. It's a pleasure to listen to.

The HH Scott and Micro Seiki is just seductive. It has this big, fat, round sound that simply sucks you in. Imaging, depth, placement and all the 'audiophile' things are just 'meh', but that system is way more fun to listen to. You know you aren't listening as an audiophile and that lets you truly enjoy the tunes. I've got a similar HH Scott system out in my garage that gets tons of play time also.

You might be pretty well done, but you also done pretty well, Scott.  Fabulous setups.

Even I would start exercising if I had that Scott/Seiki in an exercise room.  Instead I'm practicing serious couch potatoing with my assuredly snoozer of a 1985 Yamaha P320/Shure and scratchy Hendrix lps or 45rpm doo wop.   :oops:  I wish you were my neighbor!

Good cheer.

vintage9594

« Reply #27 on: 14 Apr 2019, 10:45 am »
Scott, hope all is well!  I have been using the Fidelity Research arm for about 6 months now....I wanted to get a heavier mass arm and all the positive forum feedback on FR arms used with Koetsu Cartridges led me to search one out.  I have been floored with the improvement in my vinyl setup since adding it and the Einstein Audio Phono Preamp.   When your ready to move the Merrill let me know.....

Take care Scott,
Don

Scott F.

« Reply #28 on: 14 Apr 2019, 12:00 pm »
You might be pretty well done, but you also done pretty well, Scott.  Fabulous setups.

Even I would start exercising if I had that Scott/Seiki in an exercise room.  Instead I'm practicing serious couch potatoing with my assuredly snoozer of a 1985 Yamaha P320/Shure and scratchy Hendrix lps or 45rpm doo wop.   :oops:  I wish you were my neighbor!

Good cheer.
I'm still working my way up to regular exercise myself  :lol:

Scott F.

« Reply #29 on: 14 Apr 2019, 12:06 pm »
Scott, hope all is well!  I have been using the Fidelity Research arm for about 6 months now....I wanted to get a heavier mass arm and all the positive forum feedback on FR arms used with Koetsu Cartridges led me to search one out.  I have been floored with the improvement in my vinyl setup since adding it and the Einstein Audio Phono Preamp.   When your ready to move the Merrill let me know.....

Take care Scott,
Don
Cool :thumb:
Yep, all is well. The house is pretty well done, finally. Looks like I'll have some free weekends coming up. I definitely want to make it over to give your system a listen, especially the table. I'm still jonesin' for a good rim drive.

If you find yourself out this way, ping me. You'll be amazed at how the house turned out. It's unrecognizable to what we had before.

toocool4

« Reply #30 on: 14 Apr 2019, 04:35 pm »
Boy I’d be ashamed to post my tables. So I won’t.  :lol:

Don't be, the thread is to show your pride and joy. No one is judging. :)

charlieboy

« Reply #31 on: 15 Apr 2019, 04:33 pm »

VPI TNT IV , Immedia RPM arm, and Transfiguration Spirit MKII cartridge.

charlieboy

« Reply #32 on: 15 Apr 2019, 04:45 pm »

VPI HW-19 MKIV upgraded with the TNT heavy platter , SS clamp, SAMA motor, and Origin Live Silver arm with a Benz Micro L2 cartridge

charlieboy

« Reply #33 on: 15 Apr 2019, 04:54 pm »

Thorens TD 124 MKI , SME 309 II arm and audio technica oc9 cartridge.

sunnydaze

« Reply #34 on: 15 Apr 2019, 05:33 pm »
Damn Charlie, you got some nice rigs!   :thumb:

Vinyl much?    :lol:

charlieboy

« Reply #35 on: 15 Apr 2019, 05:35 pm »

I do enjoy vinyl.

sunnydaze

« Reply #36 on: 15 Apr 2019, 05:47 pm »

Nice.  I see you enjoy some retro horns as well.....

mgalusha

« Reply #37 on: 15 Apr 2019, 06:09 pm »
Main rig tt:
Diy Teres using the direct drive platter and bearing, Verus motor, Teres arm, Sound Smith The Voice.

Upstairs vintage tt:
Rek-O-Kut 12BH, Ortofon arm, Denon DL-103

Work in progress:
Technics SP-10 Mk II on ~120 lbs of cast iron, Pete Riggle Woody arm, phenolic arm board (stock arriving today), going to try a Vessel R3SM cartridge on recommendation from a friend.

mgalusha

« Reply #38 on: 15 Apr 2019, 06:18 pm »
Almost forgot, little rig at work in my office, Dual 1214 with some sort of Stanton cart, provides much enjoyment. :)

Scott F.

« Reply #39 on: 15 Apr 2019, 07:44 pm »
Almost forgot, little rig at work in my office, Dual 1214 with some sort of Stanton cart, provides much enjoyment. :)

Yes, yes they do. I still use a 1210 for my 78 system. It's a blast to listen to. The Dual is a bit hard to see in this pic but it sits on the Altec 824. I've got a black towel over it to protect the dust cover.