Gene's HT3-based home theater system

jsalk

Gene's HT3-based home theater system
« on: 26 Oct 2006, 12:39 pm »
Gene Thomas and I have been communicating for about three years now.  He originally contacted me about the HT1's (the HT3's did not yet exist).  At the time, he really wanted a floor standing speaker and I didn't offer any.  So he had no choice but to purchase something else. 

But we kept in touch and got together on a project this year for a complete home theater set-up featuring the HT3's, HTC and HT1's.

Since I was headed to the Rocky Mountain Audiofest in Denver last week, we stopped off on the way and dropped off Gene's speakers.  While it was slightly out of our way, it is always great to meet our speaker owners and this was no exception.  Gene and his wife, Mary, are great people and I'm sure the speakers will have a great home.

While the pictures I took did not really capture the beauty of the finish (high-gloss, hand-rubbed), perhaps you will get the idea.

Here is the entire set-up...

The HT3's...

HT3 close-up...

HT3 side panel...

The HTC...

And the HT1's...

Again, I don't really think the pictures capture the full story, but perhaps Gene might comment on this.

Happy listening Gene and Mary!

- Jim

gthomas

Re: Gene's HT3-based home theater system
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2006, 01:32 pm »
Thanks for sharing the pictures with everyone Jim.  No, the pictures don't really do them justice, they are lovely to see up close and personal.  Most importanly however, even if you couldn't see at all, one listen and you would know why after 3 years I still wanted these speakers.  I am late for hospital rounds the last week because I am sitting here at home listening to music that I thought I had heard before!!  I am finally content with my speakers.  By the way,  these are the first speakers that my wife admits that she can hear a difference!!  She likes the difference.  I was listening to the Eagles
fairwell tour DVD yesterday and kept playing with the volume.  Before I realized it I was at 105 db.  In my living room that is damned loud.  Yet it wasn't overbearing loud, just full and clear.  Wow.  I could just go on, but to you circle folks I guess I'm "preaching to the Choir".  Thanks Jim for putting up with my questions for the last three years.

Gene Thomas :drool:

gthomas

Re: Gene's HT3-based home theater system
« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2006, 01:37 pm »
Actually my speakers are a bit darker than the pictures.  Somewhere between the color shown and the HT2 in the June#3 VOTM.  They are the Rosewood.

Gene