Someone is running jobs in my computer

Vince in TX

Re: Someone is running jobs in my computer
« Reply #20 on: 28 Jul 2020, 06:41 pm »
Thanks Vince for your valuable help I appreciated  :thumb:
My computer is a regular PC it came with W7 Pro64.

Ah, okay.   Somehow I had notebook on the brain.   That was probably me reminiscing about my days at Dell in the '90s.    :lol:

Looks like WGH has you covered.    :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 28 Jul 2020, 09:14 pm »
My Dell support already expired, they do not provide assistance after 1 year.

I wonder if could be good if I re-install the video drivers by the W10 option?
But they seems working fine now.

WGH

« Reply #22 on: 28 Jul 2020, 10:36 pm »
Always download and install video drivers from the card manufacturer, in your case NVIDIA.
Never install video drivers supplied by Microsoft, they will be out of date.

Rule #1 about video drivers: if they work leave them alone, don't update, don't touch them.

There may be newer driver versions available but they may not work with your old Dell OptiPlex motherboard chipset.
If they don't work then your screen will look like colorful wrapping paper. You will then have to figure out how to boot in Safe Mode, figure out how to uninstall the non-working drivers, download and run a driver deep cleaner, and re-install the old working NVIDIA drivers if you have them.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #23 on: 28 Jul 2020, 11:04 pm »
Some time after I install this Nvidia 2 monitors board the Nvidia drivers install service failed it started to give a problem so I installed the video drivers through the W7 system, the Nvidia service to install drivers never worked again, they just wanted to install demo games.

EDIT: just run a scanhealth and found nothing:
 No component store corruption detected.
The operation completed successfully.

dB Cooper

« Reply #24 on: 29 Jul 2020, 01:31 am »
Expert malware can be hard to flush out, especially if it installs at root. Suggest you try Malwarebytes if you haven/t already. There's a free version. It will find and kill most malware if that is causing your problem.

Vince in TX

« Reply #25 on: 29 Jul 2020, 02:00 am »
Expert malware can be hard to flush out, especially if it installs at root. Suggest you try Malwarebytes if you haven/t already. There's a free version. It will find and kill most malware if that is causing your problem.

I have a friend who is notorious for flushing out questionable material on the web, and I've cleaned his system more than once.   A trick I learned a long time ago is to check your \Windows\System32 folder and sort by date, looking for anything recently installed that is of questionable origin.   Sometimes you can see them in the active services or processes, but they're getting good at being stealthy these days.

I revoked my mother-in-law's Administrator rights for the same reason (well, not questionable sites, but questionable e-mails).   Now she has to call whenever something tries to execute and/or install.   Trouble free for four years now!   It used to be every six months.    :lol:

Secured-core PCs are coming.  And HP has some nice security-related features in the Enterprise systems (SureStart, SureRecover, SureClick, etc.).   Might be time for an upgrade, FullRangeMan.   

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 29 Jul 2020, 02:18 am »
\Windows\System32
I have many empty folders here and there is alot of files too.
How do you identify suspect files?

Vince in TX

« Reply #27 on: 29 Jul 2020, 02:56 am »
\Windows\System32
I have many empty folders here and there is alot of files too.
How do you identify suspect files?

Not so much the folders, but the files.   The Malware or virus bytes I've found in the past always had some bizarre hacker-looking name to them.   These are all legit files, for instance (from my gaming system).   It's a tedious process and you would really need to know what is legit and what is not, so this process is not for beginners because you don't want to remove a service inadvertently (which not only requires deletion of the file, but purging it from the Windows Registry).   I was primarily talking to dB Cooper on that last response.  Your best bet is to do what he suggested and try Malwarebytes.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 29 Jul 2020, 03:03 am »
Just run a W Defender scan and found nothing.