Super Mini's up and playing over here.

Saturn94

Yes.

The Super Mini has handled everything that I have throw at them really well.

I can't wait for more people to hear them. Come on over...

Ha, I wish I lived close enough!  I would love to hear them!  I’m in SE VA, hence my thread asking if you would be at CAF.  :thumb:

Danny Richie

:D now these look in budget land. If you just sit them on a double servo base , what will the cost be all in ?

$1,049 for the complete kit with flat pack, plus shipping.

And you can sit them right on a set of double servo subs.

:D  or is a base being developed ?   Thanks.  I love the S7's but to big , heavy and $$ ..... :popcorn:

We're working on a lower cost, non-servo bass solution, that keeps the same look and front baffle width and will easily play down to the servo subs.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
A fully active version of the Super Mini's is in Southern MD.  I had them at CAF2018 for demo.  It is the NEO3/NEO10 planar open baffle over the OB 2x12 servo subs.

Just PM me if interested in a listen if it will help.

2bigears

:D non-servo Wowwww,,,,,KISS ,, I love it.  But I did think the servo bass was the best bass I have ever had.  But to not have those amps and for big drivers would be so cool.  Keep us posted.  I really really need a great speaker at a real world price.  This just might be the one set to do such an impossible task.  :D :popcorn:

Danny Richie

:D non-servo Wowwww,,,,,KISS ,, I love it.  But I did think the servo bass was the best bass I have ever had.  But to not have those amps and for big drivers would be so cool.  Keep us posted.  I really really need a great speaker at a real world price.  This just might be the one set to do such an impossible task.  :D :popcorn:

No, a non-servo amp powering the lower M-165 woofers

2bigears

:D ohhhhh, ok. So you supply the amp you think sounds best and the top is up to us ?  A sweet little tube amp maybe ?  That sounds great.  So each lower section will have an amp or one for both ?  Sorry if I came into the thread late,,,,,,  it's summer and can't keep up,,,,,ha ..  :popcorn:

Saturn94

A fully active version of the Super Mini's is in Southern MD.  I had them at CAF2018 for demo.  It is the NEO3/NEO10 planar open baffle over the OB 2x12 servo subs.

Sending you a PM. :D

oskar

Can I assume that the front baffles need to be at least 3 feet from the wall behind?

Saturn94

I didn’t see this mentioned......

What are the dimensions of the Super Mini and the planned bass section?

Usable space is kind of tight in my room.

Saturn94

Can I assume that the front baffles need to be at least 3 feet from the wall behind?

Good question.  I see in Danny’s videos he has them pulled way out from the wall behind them.  Three feet would be the absolute max I could place the front baffle from the wall behind them in my room.  Would this severely compromise their performance?

Captainhemo

sorry, didn't get to this yesterday.
Anyway, here's what  we've been working on  for non-servo  lower section.
Ben able to keep  the cabinet identical to the Super Mini  so the Super Mini  can just  sit right on top... maybe with a  think layer of Sorbathane  betwen  them .   

fully braced cabinet with an overall height ( no super Mini on top)  is 27.5"  with  a  1"  base.

Front

Rear

Transparent from   side

As with our other   cabinets,   all bracing located via  dado's in  wings and baffle.  dowels/screws   in base  for   easy alignment and glue up.
Haven't  cut  any of these yet, playing catch up with  other   stuff but they are on the list.

And yes,   you want them out inthe room.  I've heard of  some  people  not  quite  making   the   suggested  3' min but idally, you  want that.  Maybe  havem on  some sliders  so when you're critical listening, you can  pull them out ?   Have heard of people   doing  that  as well.

jay

revg1952

Jay
very cool looking and functional speaker base for the Mini's and other satellite speakers. I am going to assume these have openings for 8 inch drivers.
Gary

revg1952

or I may be wrong probably 6.5 drivers. Will they come as a flat pack.
Gary

Captainhemo

Jay
very cool looking and functional speaker base for the Mini's and other satellite speakers. I am going to assume these have openings for 8 inch drivers.
Gary

Hey Gary
No,    4  M165's per  cabinet  (6.5"  woofers).    I loved them in  my  Otica's  !

jay Then , ideally, you'd pass them off to a  pair of   servo  sub  towers or   an existing  sub system  if you  have   one.

Flat packs  are   the paln.  Assembled cabs are  always  an option as well
jay

Captainhemo

Wish I were  closer  rich,  would love to hear  them   :thumb:
for  guys interested in  a fully  digital version, check out  rich's Monolith thread over  in  the  HAL  circle
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=153244.msg1739673#new

jauy

2bigears

:D  can you just cut and build this a one piece with the smaller drivers non servo bottoms ? 
          This seems feasible,, or not ??   :D

Saturn94

???

2bigears

:D the passive 4 driver per side has the same shape and size as top section,,,,, seamless ??   :D :popcorn:

Danny Richie

The Super mini's are set up in my house and I am at the office. So I don't have a pair here to measure I think it was 16" tall and 6.25" wide.

Jay is working on the base and posted something on the height a few posts up.

These will work fine in a small room so long as you can pull them at least three feet out from the front wall.

Saturn94

The Super mini's are set up in my house and I am at the office. So I don't have a pair here to measure I think it was 16" tall and 6.25" wide.

Jay is working on the base and posted something on the height a few posts up.

These will work fine in a small room so long as you can pull them at least three feet out from the front wall.

Thanks. :)

How about depth of the top and bass unit?

It appears the back is wider than the front.  If so, what’s the width at the back?

:)