Flu vaccine in the winter??

ken

Re: Flu vaccine in the winter??
« Reply #60 on: 23 Jun 2011, 03:00 pm »

So yes, "fetal bovine serum, guinea pig embryo cells, albumin from human blood, and human diploid cells from aborted fetal tissue" were used in the development of this vaccine.

But no fetuses were aborted to develop the vaccination as the fetus was already aborted.  No additional fetuses are used in the manufacture of the vaccine, the same cell line that was used before is continuing to be used.  Neither do I think there is a conspiracy by the drug industry to encourage abortions.

Now if you object to any derivative of embryonic material being used in any aspect of drug development, hey, that's up to you.  Personally, I'm OK with it and would not share your position.  But I think context is important here and not just a list of ingredients.

[/quoteIf you're comfortable with all this crap being injected directly into your bloodstream by all means knock yourself out.  Call me squeemish but I certainly object to it.  I never insinuated there was a conspiracy by big Pharma to encourage abortions I was merely listing it as one of the ingredients that go into these concoctions.  It's become apparent to me that vaccine manufacturers have become more concerned with profits than with your health.  Tyson hit it on the head:  your best defense is a healthy immune system, not flu shots
]

Steve

« Reply #61 on: 23 Jun 2011, 05:56 pm »
I tried a couple of times, got sick.  In fact, I always caught everything that went around, and I usually got it BAD.  And it got worse when my daughter started in daycare.  But, since I started taking 6000 iu Vitamin D a day I've not been sick a single time, and that's been a couple of years now.  I started taking Vitamin D for it's heart benefits, but not getting sick (ever), is a nice unanticipated perk.

Glad to hear that Tyson. I too have started adding vitamin D after reading how good it is.

In 1980 I read a good article top 50 scientists and Selenium, or something like that. It told of how selenium reduced cancer and was important to the immune system. I started taking it and the colds, flu virtually disappeared all these years. Just don't get sick anymore. (This or similar report finally appeared on network news Christmas eve 1999. My ex brother in law, a doctor, called me about it after the tv report.)

Recently found out that there is a protein that specifically needs selenium to function properly. "GPX1 is a selenoprotein, meaning it incorporates selenium into its protein structure. "

Cheers.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #62 on: 23 Jun 2011, 07:56 pm »
Yep, selenium, magnesium, iodine, and omega 3's are all pretty critical nutrients and they are all found in high quantities in sea food, which I tend to eat a lot more of nowadays (for obvious reasons). 

ken

« Reply #63 on: 25 Jun 2011, 02:07 am »
I use Lewis Labs brewers yeast every day for my daily intake of selenium, folic acid, and B vitamins as well as a host of other essential minerals  and amino acids.   I also take a very high quality supplement containing grape seed extract, hawthorne, magnesium, and garlic.  Contrary to the popular science out there I'm not a fan of vitamin D supplements,  you can get adequate vitamin D by being out in the sun for 15-20 mins.  I'm a big proponent of getting vitamins and minerals natrually if possible particularly folic acid, the synthetic versions don't provide the ever important chemical cousins AKA  phytonutrients you get with the real stuff

pardales

« Reply #64 on: 25 Jun 2011, 02:25 am »
If you replaced all of the verbiage having to do with health, vitamins, minerals, treatments amino X's, diseases, etc. etc., from this thread, with audio terms, it could read like a discussion about break in of speaker cables. 

:duh: :lol: :D

ken

« Reply #65 on: 25 Jun 2011, 03:48 am »
If you replaced all of the verbiage having to do with health, vitamins, minerals, treatments amino X's, diseases, etc. etc., from this thread, with audio terms, it could read like a discussion about break in of speaker cables. 

:duh: :lol: :D
Ithink speaker and interconnect cable break in are far more advanced than the human genome sequence,  and I suspect there are things regarding dielectrics we can only dream about understanding  :lol: