Spooky Bikes on Sale

jackman

Spooky Bikes on Sale
« on: 9 May 2011, 06:26 pm »
Don't know if you guys are familiar with the guys at Spooky (Mickey Dennoncourt is the owner and a good guy) Cycles but their Skeletor frameset is on sale.  This might be the last chance to get one of these, US Made, aluminum racing frames for this price. Way cooler than anything cranked out of a sweatshop thousands of miles away.  Spooky is a small shop like many of the audio mfg's on this site. When you call, Mickey will most likely be the guy on the phone.  He's also an avid cyclist and all-around wild man on a bike. 

They are hand-made on the East Coast (I think these were welded by the famous Frank The Welder) and are excellent crit bikes or for just riding around town.  They come in cool anodized finishes ( think the black looks cool) and are lightweight and strong.  These frames are stiff but I hear they ride and handle like true race bikes and are comfortable to ride.  Plus, Spooky is cool and will sell you a new one cheap if you ever crash one and need a replacement.  The frameset includes the Edge (Enve is the new company name) fork, made in Utah and, IMHO, is the best fork company on the planet.  For a small amount of $$$, you could build a super race bike.  I wish I had some extra cash because I would get one today!

http://spookybikes.wordpress.com/

jackman

Re: Spooky Bikes on Sale
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2011, 10:27 pm »

LadyDog

Re: Spooky Bikes on Sale
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2011, 01:56 am »
Jack,
It's calling your name.  You've been wanting one for a while now.   :D