RMAF 2010 thank you!

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
RMAF 2010 thank you!
« on: 26 Oct 2010, 05:40 am »
I want to thank everyone for all their help this year! it was an unusually tough show for some reason and yet you guys all pulled together like family! Wayne, Olu, Emmanuel, Frank, Dan, Jason, Thom, Mark and Laura... you guys are the best!
I don't know if the show made sense from a business perspective but I do feel like a better person for having spent the weekend working with all of you! thank you!!!!
lou

figcon

Re: RMAF 2010 thank you!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2010, 01:02 pm »
I also had a great time with Lou and the guys and Emmanuel, it was great working and socilaizing with you and Kirk.

All the Daedalus rooms ended up sounding great. I'm prejudiced, but Lou's speakers are truly exceptional sounding and individually beautiful pieces of art. To me, they offer truly incredible value and deliver what a lot of others just promise.

I'm not sure if RMAF makes much sense from a business perspective for anybody yet, but it sure was a lot of fun, although next year I'll stay an extra day or two.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2010, 01:13 pm »
Hi Lou,
I have to say that Saturday and Sunday your room sounded exceptional.  There was a special synergy with them and the Modwright amps and the Bolder modded EE DAC.  Next year when you come down we'll have to hit Pasquini's much, much sooner :P

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2010, 01:51 pm »
It was great meeting you, Lou.  I liked Wayne's touch on EE DAC too.  Good stuff, but I really dug the analog on Sunday morning.  I know it's like 10 times the digital cost but it sounded great.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 28 Oct 2010, 06:46 pm »
Hi Lou,
I have to say that Saturday and Sunday your room sounded exceptional.  There was a special synergy with them and the Modwright amps and the Bolder modded EE DAC.  Next year when you come down we'll have to hit Pasquini's much, much sooner :P
hey Tyson, you're on for Pasquini's!  was great to see you and glad we found some common ground with Tool!
lou

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 28 Oct 2010, 06:53 pm »
I want to also thank Rod from Soundings for coming in Thursday and doing his "Master Set" magic on the speaker placement.  sat afternoon I had several compliments on the imaging, some people felt it may have been the best imaging at the show.  I think that is pretty subjective but I was very pleased with the results of Rod's work!
also thanks to Dave from PI for building me one of his Uber Buss units for the show, all agreed (even the skeptics) that it opened the sound and was a welcome addition.
thanks, much,
lou

Pez

« Reply #6 on: 28 Oct 2010, 08:20 pm »
Forget the show for a second, I can't remember the last time I had that much fun with a group of people... Ever! Even without the super cool gear and great music it's the people and time spent that makes it great!

ltr317

« Reply #7 on: 28 Oct 2010, 08:25 pm »
Forget the show for a second, I can't remember the last time I had that much fun with a group of people... Ever! Even without the super cool gear and great music it's the people and time spent that makes it great!

+1  :thumb: 

Jason, thanks again for loading my photos onto AC.

Paul

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 2 Nov 2010, 05:21 pm »

the usual suspects: Tyson, Wayne, Olu, Lou, Jason and Laura

vinyl_lady

« Reply #9 on: 2 Nov 2010, 07:35 pm »
It truly was a blast. The best RMAF yet for me and all of you guys (plus a few others not pictured)made it special.

Lou, your room sounded spectacular on Sat & Sun and Dan's and Emmanuel's rooms had fantastic sound the entire show. Congratulations and Thank you for making such a great sounding and beautiful speaker 8)

I don't think Tyson or I will be mistaken for lonewolfny42--we don't have a beer in one hand  :lol: :lol: