My first post since 2010!

Cwm

My first post since 2010!
« on: 24 Nov 2021, 06:51 pm »
Wait, what, first post since registering in 2010?  Yep, as crazy as that may sound it's true to the other forums I frequent. Those other forum sites are US Audio mart and Audio Asylum.  It appears I learn more from reading other members posts than asking questions. Now that I'm semiretired at age 67 (I still have my head seated in the stock market everyday) I have more time to learn and time to ask for information. I'm looking forward to learn from other members experiences and how to proceed on my musical path.  Thanks for allowing me to post after 11 years.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: My first post since 2010!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2021, 09:08 pm »
Welcome to AC. :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2021, 11:40 pm »
Welcome to AC posting Cwm   :thumb:  Now it's time to git busy.  8)

Chewbacca

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2021, 11:42 pm »
Welcome to AC!

I believe I was a member for about 7 years before posting... Got me beat! :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2021, 01:16 am »
Welcome!  It's like having a new antique item :roll:

whydontumarryit

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2021, 04:48 am »
Welcome back cwm,

The good news is that you can continue to reap the benefits of your investments until the dow hits 40k, which it will as long as it happens within the end of next year. In spite of the fed taper and inflation I don't feel anything sinister and I have a knack for when to get out of the market. Sometime before the end of next year you can pick up 3%/yr on your cash and be only 2% in the hole. After all, principal maintenance is the goal at your age, right?

The bad news is nothing has happened in audio since your last last post except for the cheap high resolution program material available to stream. Which coincidentally accounts for 99% of the hi in hi-end.

So, other than to tell you to short Netflix, keep the system you have and be happy. Hope to hear from you in 2031.

W

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2021, 09:47 am »
Vintage member, first post, ha ha.
A belated welcome to AC!