Have you tried the Toslink output on Bluesound NODE(N130)?

Huck

Just curious if you have tried the Toslink output on your Bluesound NODE and if you noticed much of a difference in sound quality compared to the USB and Coax outputs? Thanks,Huck :scratch:

Huck

Re: Have you tried the Toslink output on Bluesound NODE(N130)?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2023, 02:42 am »
Well,I had a three hour listening session tonight,switching between the two Toslink/Coax outputs and I prefer the Coax connection...but,the Toslink is very close in sound to the Co-ax in my setup.I already unhooked the Toslink.I never really could explain what my music sounds like to me,I either like the sound or not.Thanks,Huck

Rich Carlson

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2023, 11:57 am »
My Bluesound components are the 2i version, but I also have slight but definite preference for the coax output.

Huck

« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2023, 02:37 am »
My Bluesound components are the 2i version, but I also have slight but definite preference for the coax output.
Thanks,Huck

Mike-48

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2023, 08:59 pm »
Without negating anyone's experiences, I'd like to point out that differences between Toslink and coax may to some degree reflect qualities of the two different receivers on the DAC. In other words, any differences may not be entirely in the Node and the cable used.

mitch stl

« Reply #5 on: 1 Mar 2023, 02:52 am »
Without negating anyone's experiences, I'd like to point out that differences between Toslink and coax may to some degree reflect qualities of the two different receivers on the DAC. In other words, any differences may not be entirely in the Node and the cable used.

Good point.  Most DACs are capable of receiving the signal in 3 different formats -- USB, Coax, and optical.  There is no guarantee that all of the modules are of equal quality.