Server - Streaming system upgrade suggestions wanted

kenreau

I am changing my digital system components and wanted to ask for some suggestions on improving my server and streamer components. 

I currently have a Roon Nucleus (with 2TB SSD for music files) > Uptone Audio etherRegen > Moon Simaudio 390 streamer / dac / preamp.  The Nucleus runs off a HDPlex LPS.  I have a replacement integrated amp on hand and plans to buy a Holo Audio DAC in the next few months.  The Moon 390 will be going up for sale.

I was thinking of keeping the Roon Nucleus to act as the Roon Core and add on a decent new streamer (to act as Roon endpoint) along the lines of a Innuos Zen/Zenith or a Lumin U1 Mini.  My current preference is to keep using Roon as I just renewed my annual subscription, but its not a deal killer.

Am I missing anything significant?  Any other streamer recommendations for better sound quality in the same budget realm?  (I'm not a computer programming wiz, so prefer k.i.s.s. plug-n-play solutions, not monkeying around with bios and custom operating systems or programs)

Thanks
Kenreau

ps - just read Lumin has discontinued the U1 and a rumored U2 is forthcoming.