Owners Audition list.

luckyrolls

Re: Owners Audition list.
« Reply #120 on: 8 Dec 2009, 07:58 pm »
Hi,

I am thinking of making a move away from my NHT Classic 3's (since one is sick) and I'd like to hear the Songtower.  I am in the San Francisco Bay area (Palo Alto) and if anyone would be willing to let me give a listen, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mark

vintagebob

« Reply #121 on: 9 Dec 2009, 12:17 am »
Hi,

I am thinking of making a move away from my NHT Classic 3's (since one is sick) and I'd like to hear the Songtower.  I am in the San Francisco Bay area (Palo Alto) and if anyone would be willing to let me give a listen, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mark

PM sent.

haw1144

« Reply #122 on: 9 Dec 2009, 07:40 pm »
PM sent as well!

Hi,

Thanks,

Mark

gchuva

« Reply #123 on: 11 Dec 2009, 04:56 am »
Any Long Island, NY owners who would agree to an audition this holiday season?  I am visiting from Singapore so this is my big chance to hear the Salks.  Please send me an email at g.chris.holland@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Chris

ttsakai

« Reply #124 on: 20 Dec 2009, 12:29 am »
Hi All-

Just received my HT-3 speakers. I live in San Jose, CA and I have a 2-channel setup that is available for auditioning.

To give you an idea of my system here's the list of components:
Sony SCD-1 fully modded VSE including Terra Firma upgrade
Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 Pre-amp; upgraded to SE+ by Parts ConneXtion
Krell KSA 200 amp
Synergistic Research Resolution Reference X-2 interconnects
Wolfe Carbon power cables
VH-4 power cable for amp
Tubetraps
Echobusters
Dedicated listening room

Cheers,

Tracy

mindless

« Reply #125 on: 27 Dec 2009, 02:31 pm »
Is there anyone within driving distance of Eastern Pennsylvania who would let me audition any of the HT series?

Thanks- Karl

WntrMute2

« Reply #126 on: 27 Dec 2009, 10:18 pm »
Royal Oak, Michigan

2 Channel only.  HT2-Tls. Tube based, Wright preamp, Transcendent Monoblocks, Rotel CD player, VPI HW-19 turntable- vinyl welcome
Listeners welcome

WntrMute2@aol.com

gchuva

« Reply #127 on: 28 Dec 2009, 12:04 am »
Any Long Island, NY owners who would agree to an audition this holiday season?  I am visiting from Singapore so this is my big chance to hear the Salks.  Please send me an email at g.chris.holland@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Many thanks to Evan and Joe from Staten Island for showing me their systems.  Both of them had outstanding rooms and could not have been nicer.  Looking forward to making a decision soon.

irishsammy

« Reply #128 on: 29 Dec 2009, 05:45 am »
I'm in the Covington, Louisiana area (just north of New Orleans, 'cross dat big pond).   aa

I have a very vanilla setup consisting of a pair of lovely, sensibly black-dyed red oak-veneered (I think?) SongTowers with the standard dome tweets.  They're being fed currently by an HK 3385 stereo receiver with a Grant Fidelity B-283 tube buffer in between the preamp and amp stages. 

The sound is heavenly. 

If you'd like to set up a listening session, throw me a PM.

Adam

coke

« Reply #129 on: 29 Dec 2009, 07:34 pm »
Eastern Oklahoma

Speakers - Salk HT2-TL
Amp - AVA Ultra 550
Pre - AVA Ultra SL
DAC - AVA Vision (Plan to order soon)
Source - Oppo BDP-83

writeface

« Reply #130 on: 8 Jan 2010, 05:39 am »
Anybody in the San Jose bay area willing to show-off their HT3? I live in Santa Clara,CA. Thanks.

taoggniklat

« Reply #131 on: 8 Jan 2010, 11:15 pm »
Anybody in the San Jose bay area willing to show-off their HT3? I live in Santa Clara,CA. Thanks.

I am looking for SongTowers in the Bay area(peninsula and south bay) as well. If anyone has a pair they would like to show off I would much appreciate it. :)

Also, I am moving to Colorado at the end of the month so if there is anyone in the Boulder area that would be willing to give me a listen that would be great.
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2010, 05:23 pm by taoggniklat »

Kinger

« Reply #132 on: 10 Jan 2010, 12:04 pm »
Prospective new SongTower owner was wondering if anyone near the central Ohio (I live in Columbus) area has a pair of them in either standard form or with the RT.  Would love to possibly get the opportunity to give them a listen before pulling the trigger.

drew8mc

• Lineal Inc.
« Reply #133 on: 14 Jan 2010, 04:58 pm »
Is there a Boston area owner of HT3's?  I saw someone on the front page owns SongTowers, but would really love to hear the HT3.

jsalk

« Reply #134 on: 14 Jan 2010, 05:40 pm »
Is there a Boston area owner of HT3's?  I saw someone on the front page owns SongTowers, but would really love to hear the HT3.

Yes, there is.  One of our Boston owners actually has two pairs of HT3's, but he doesn't frequent this site.  If you would like, I can certainly email him and request an audition for you.  Just email me with your contact information and I will email him with a request.

- Jim

barkerpj

• PC -> Berkeley USB -> Berkeley DAC
« Reply #135 on: 23 Jan 2010, 03:11 pm »
Love to listen to a pair of Ht3's or HT2-TL's in the Atlanta/Marietta area.

Be moving soon to a larger room and will probably need larger speakers than my SP Tech Mini's

Mr P

« Reply #136 on: 24 Jan 2010, 05:57 pm »
Anyone within a reasonable driving distance of Rochester NY with the HT3s?

Bill@LakeGeorge

« Reply #137 on: 25 Jan 2010, 01:01 pm »
I am in Lake George, NY probably about 4 hours

sachi

« Reply #138 on: 26 Jan 2010, 01:04 am »
Are there are owners based in Portland Oregon or thereabouts?

Would love to listen to any Salk Sound speakers.

mchuckp

« Reply #139 on: 26 Jan 2010, 02:02 am »
Are there are owners based in Portland Oregon or thereabouts?

Would love to listen to any Salk Sound speakers.

I'm in Salem if you wanna head an hour south.  Had a chap from Portland a few weeks ago come down and someone from Newburg coming on Wed.  Here's my set up.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=systems;area=browse;system=1246