VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #900 on: 15 Mar 2018, 09:15 pm »
REPOST

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/vmps-ff3-special-ribbon/6509742132.html

VMPS FF3 Special Ribbon Edition  -  (West Valenica/Tucson, AZ)  $2000

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/vmps-ff3-special-ribbon/6469923188.html

"These speakers have amazing audiophile sound. Theses speakers won over the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show with 3 audio magazines writing articles declaring them the best of show in 1999. Research Absolute Sound magazine issue 121. This set has the biamp format with external crossover and power supply, a 800 dollar upgrade, there are also finished in a piano black finish, a additional 500 dollar cost added to the base price of 8400 dollars for a total cost of 9700. This set was originally set up by Brian Cheney. He signed and dated both speakers. Please research these speakers, or call me with questions or to audition these speakers."

Stimpy

« Reply #901 on: 7 Apr 2018, 09:28 pm »
VMPS Super Tower speakers  -  (Chicago, IL)  $1400

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/ele/d/vmps-super-tower-speakers/6554001689.html

"Pair of VMPS Super Tower R SE's, black finish, excellent condition."

Stimpy

« Reply #902 on: 7 Apr 2018, 09:32 pm »
VMPS larger sub's Amazing BASS $200 Pair  - (Hartland, MI)  $200

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/vmps-larger-subs-amazing-bass/6552709292.html

"I have 2 VMPS larger subs to sell...done with audio hobby time to part with these amazing subs!!!

The Oak finish sub needs to be fixed not working

The Black finish is fine

$200 PAIR"

avguytx

« Reply #903 on: 13 Apr 2018, 02:39 pm »
I think finding a pair of VMPS in the central of the US (I'm in central AR), is going to be an acto of Congress and/or God.  I'd travel to get them, of course.  We are 6 days away from signing the closing papers on selling our house and are about done moving into the rent house while our new one is being built.  I've got a few different pairs of speakers currently plus a pair of ribbon Mahogany veneered Klipsch Belle clones I built which are all stored at my best friends house for awhile.  But, I've always wanted a pair of VMPS speakers.  I know they would work reasonably well in a 16 x 30 room, but, not so sure about an upstairs room given the weight of various models.  Maybe a reasonable pair will come across.  If not, life goes on.  :)

Stimpy

« Reply #904 on: 14 Apr 2018, 03:09 am »
HIGHEND SPEAKERS. (RARE)  -  (Navarre, OH)  $700

https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ele/d/highend-speakers-rare/6549465568.html

"These dont come up for sale often VMPS RIBBON MONITORS SPEAKERS RM1, 4 OHM. 5 WAY SOUNDS EXCELLENT HAS ADJUSTMENT ON BACK FOR MIDRANGE AND TWEETERS , these are biampable, i will not respond to text asking if there still available, text preferred for quicker response.trades welcome but must be worth more then my asking price for quick sale."

meilankev

« Reply #905 on: 14 Apr 2018, 03:34 am »
avguytx,

I just listed a pair of Cherry RM-40 (with TRT cap upgrade) for sale on Audiogon.  I am the original owner (bought in Dec 2001). For all of this time, I have driven them with Kora tube gear (just sold the monoblocks today). I uploaded some pretty good photos within that Audiogon ad that you can zoom in on.

My wife and I are relocating to her home country of Taiwan in mid-Summer to retire. And it just doesn't make sense to move all this audio gear - particularly since we will almost certainly living out of a smallish apartment that wouldn't support such a system.

I told Brian (leading up to my original purchase) that my plan was to keep the gear I was buying for about 15 years. I made it...  8)

I live in the Tampa area...

Stimpy

« Reply #906 on: 14 Apr 2018, 12:02 pm »
VMPS RM-40  -  (Wesley Chapel, FL)  $1800.   :thumb:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8hb10-vmps-rm-40-full-range

"Original Owner - Purchased new in Dec 2001.  Moving to Taipei in late Summer - and will not be taking the stereo with me.

These beautiful speakers have the Cherry finish, plus they have the upgraded TRT caps (a $1,400 option). Will also include the speaker cable.

As you can see from the photos, the cabinets are perfect. No blemishes; no scratches. The drivers all work perfectly. Plus the grills are also in perfect condition. The only visual issue is that the glue that held the foam that surrounded the spiral tweeters lost its adhesiveness over time (see photos below). No impact on the sound, and invisible behind the grill. But I assume if someone wanted to remove the remaining foam debris, they could do so.

Speakers are very fast and dynamic. Most owners felt they are a difficult load, but I drove them all this time full-range with tube monoblocks: Kora Cosmos 100W Pure Class A Triode (also for sale here on Audiogon)."

meilankev

« Reply #907 on: 14 Apr 2018, 01:40 pm »
Thanks for the repost, Mr Stimpy!!!

Stimpy

« Reply #908 on: 14 Apr 2018, 01:57 pm »
Thanks for the repost, Mr Stimpy!!!

My pleasure.  And happy retirement.  I hope to do that one day too.   :dance: :dance:

spitfun

« Reply #909 on: 14 Apr 2018, 04:46 pm »
SOLD SOLD pair of SuperTower "R" up for sale. These have had all the woofers refoamed AND the passives. The 15" drivers have been upgraded to the Goldwood cast basket woofers for an upgrade in the bottom end-grilles are included, $800.00

« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2018, 09:55 pm by spitfun »

K-mart

« Reply #910 on: 14 Apr 2018, 07:38 pm »
avguytx,
Send me an email, I may be able to help.
ksmarter@comcast.net

avguytx

« Reply #911 on: 17 Apr 2018, 04:23 pm »
avguytx,

I just listed a pair of Cherry RM-40 (with TRT cap upgrade) for sale on Audiogon.  I am the original owner (bought in Dec 2001). For all of this time, I have driven them with Kora tube gear (just sold the monoblocks today). I uploaded some pretty good photos within that Audiogon ad that you can zoom in on.

My wife and I are relocating to her home country of Taiwan in mid-Summer to retire. And it just doesn't make sense to move all this audio gear - particularly since we will almost certainly living out of a smallish apartment that wouldn't support such a system.

I told Brian (leading up to my original purchase) that my plan was to keep the gear I was buying for about 15 years. I made it...  8)

I live in the Tampa area...

Those are beautiful speakers without a doubt.  I worry about the weight of these speakers having to go upstairs in the 16 x 30 audio room I'll have, honestly.  My wife wouldn't have an issue with them being in the living room but one things that was a big part of building our new house is that I wanted my stuff upstairs away from regular traffic.  haha.  And as beautiful as they are, they are a tad out of my price range and distance.  I'm about a thousand miles away.  :(  They are gorgeous speakers....

avguytx

« Reply #912 on: 17 Apr 2018, 04:24 pm »
avguytx,
Send me an email, I may be able to help.
ksmarter@comcast.net

Email sent.  Thanks

meilankev

« Reply #913 on: 18 Apr 2018, 12:54 am »
Yeah, no problem at all - I hope you find what you are looking for!!

By the way, my wife and I have lived in two different homes since I bought these - and in both homes my stand-alone audio room was upstairs. Both stairways even had a 90 degree turn to negotiate. Yes, they are heavy, but two people can get them up a staircase without much problem (I am old and fat, ha ha).

Those are beautiful speakers without a doubt.  I worry about the weight of these speakers having to go upstairs in the 16 x 30 audio room I'll have, honestly.  My wife wouldn't have an issue with them being in the living room but one things that was a big part of building our new house is that I wanted my stuff upstairs away from regular traffic.  haha.  And as beautiful as they are, they are a tad out of my price range and distance.  I'm about a thousand miles away.  :(  They are gorgeous speakers....

Stimpy

« Reply #914 on: 22 Apr 2018, 09:55 pm »
VMPS QSO 626 veritone minimum phase response loudspeaker  -  (Perris, California)  $200 BIN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-QSO-626-veritone-minimum-phase-response-loudspeaker/323213731847?hash=item4b410a2807:g:~5MAAOSwAhNa1t5X

"Vmps qso 626 speaker (1) black
In like new condition.
Fully tested and sounds great.
A very rare speaker.
Would be a great Center Channel speaker.
This will be very well packed and shipped via FedEx ground"

thepianoman04

« Reply #915 on: 23 Apr 2018, 04:04 pm »
Man I wish I'd found this listing sooner. Got any more of these? :)

REPOST & PRICE DROP

VMPS Large Ribbon Center Speaker (Center Channel)  -  (Century City LA, CA)  $449

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ele/d/vmps-large-ribbon-center/6380754009.html

"Maybe the BEST Center Channel Speaker available at the price. You will NEVER hear CLEARER Dialogue. Finally you can hear what is being said.

This is the BCSE (Brian Cheney Signature Edition with Macassar Ebony MLS Cabinet, TRT Caps, and other upgrades."

Brax

« Reply #916 on: 26 Apr 2018, 04:25 pm »
Interest Check

I may be reworking my system and going with 3 RM40s for the front and a set of RM2s for the surrounds. This leaves me with a single RM40 left over.

Looking to see if anyone is interested in buying an older (Dual Spiral tweeters and TNT Caps) RM40 for center duty in the Chicago/Milwaukee area. I even have an extra Aurum Cantus G3 tweeter I can package with the deal.

Anyone interested?

John Casler

« Reply #917 on: 26 Apr 2018, 06:41 pm »
Man I wish I'd found this listing sooner. Got any more of these? :)

Sadly, I am ALL OUT of VMPS which I had to sell since I am a dealer, and I had to replace my system with my new VMPS "inspired" Speaker line.

I held out for several years after Brian passed, because I couldn't find a "reasonably priced" speaker that performed in the same way.

Well, I got lucky.  :thumb:

ZAKski288

« Reply #918 on: 27 Apr 2018, 12:25 am »
 :drool:
VMPS RM V60-Rosewood-Speakers  $3500.00 or best offer

(Silver Spring, Maryland)

EBAY:https://www.ebay.com/itm/123099917482?ul_noapp=true

INFO: http://pointillistic.com/vmps-audio/RMV60.htm
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2018, 01:56 am by ZAKski288 »

Stimpy

« Reply #919 on: 27 Apr 2018, 12:37 am »
VMPS Subwoofer  -  (Silver Spring, Maryland)  $800 (Subwoofer From RM-V60 System, Noted Above)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Subwoofer/123099916458?hash=item1ca953a8aa:g:6moAAOSwU8xa010-

"MINT CONDITION like new"