iFi/MA Recordings Spring Concert Series Announcement

Pez

iFi/MA Recordings Spring Concert Tour Announcement:
:dance: :violin: :drums: :guitar: :dance:

Concert Tour
We are excited to announce that we will be sending an iDac2 paired with a downloadable sampler of MA Recordings music, selected by Todd Garfinkle of MA Recordings, on tour exclusively for Audiocircle members. This tour will be limited to 6 Audiocircle members. But before I get into too much detail, I first want to talk about MA Recordings.

My Experience with MA Recordings

Through the years of doing RMAF. I would occasionally see a great room during the show that would stick in my memory. A system that just speaks to your soul. It wasn't an occurrence that happened often if at all. Occasionally we would find one individual who hit it out of the park every year. Perhaps not by coincidence one of the top 5 performers in this category was the MA Recordings room/booth. I will never forget the first time I was at the show and I met Todd Garfinkle. A passionate man who spends his life traveling the world recording live musicians using methods that few, if any, are using. When you hear the quality of Todd's work it is obvious that he has special insight into how to make each and every recording dynamic, balanced, with amazing ambience, and still capture the artistic intent in a way that defies most other recordings.

MA recordings was one of the few rooms at RMAF that performed well every single year. I always walked out with at least one recording (most of the time several). :green: Llama, Eduardo Eguez, Voice of the Pipa, and one of my personal favorite albums of all time Ghatam just to name a few.

RMAF October 2009 MA Recordings room photo taken by yours truly with nothing but the glow of the tubes and a dim lamp to light the room. This was my first experience with MA Recordings and it was wonderful!

Spring Tour MA Recordings Sampler

Todd with MA Recordings has generously offered to put together a unique digital sample of his music to download for folks who sign up for the concert series. This will be provided for those who sign up for the tour as his gift to tour members. This sampler will include redbook tracks as well as high resolution tracks. We will be accepting 6 applicants and one runner up in case an applicant has to cancel. This tour will also include a mystery goodie bag from iFi for those who participate.

Raffle
iFi will raffle off the iDac2 at the end of the tour to one lucky Audiocircle member. The only thing you have to do is sign up!

How do I sign up?

I will post the sign up sheet Friday April 7th at 10am Mountain time. This tour will be conducted on a first come first served and the sign up sheet will not accept more than 6 applicants. Continental US only at this time.

How the Concert Tour works:

1. Each ACer will be given 1 week to spend with the iDac2.
2. After the trial period each individual will be responsible for safely packing the unit, shipping the unit to the next ACer and covering the shipping costs.
3. Each ACer is asked to post a their impressions of the iDac2 and the MA Recordings sampler within 1 week of shipping the unit off to the net ACer right here on the tour page.
4. Most importantly, we wanted to do something fun and highlight an artist that we know does impressive work. Please take photos! Please discuss your favorite track! Please discuss how you used the iDac2! Invite friends over if you've got em!  :wink:

We can't wait to share MA Recordings music with you. In the mean time, check out MA Recordings extensive selection. www.MArecordings.com
« Last Edit: 7 Apr 2017, 03:50 am by Pez »

dburna

Re: iFi/MA Recordings Spring Concert Series Announcement
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2017, 08:34 pm »
Dang -- and Pez already loaned me one of these, so I'm not eligible for the drawing.   :duh:

I encourage folks to sign up fast.  Having already demo'ed this in my house, I can say safely that you'll be in for a treat here. 

Keep filling your ear holes with great music,   -dB

Pez

Re: iFi/MA Recordings Spring Concert Series Announcement
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2017, 04:04 pm »
Sign up sheet is up. Check it out: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=149656.0  :thumb: