New to Virtue and Two.2

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
New to Virtue and Two.2
« on: 13 Jan 2011, 06:31 pm »
Wanted to stop lurking and say hello.  It's time.

I've just ordered a VA Two.2 with Sonicap upgrades...and Nirvana cables and interconnects.  It's in a FedEx truck as we speak, probably knee deep in snow somewhere.  I am very excited, and pretty new to this world.

Trying to to build a great little two channel system, with the option to build later.  For now, basic set up with a pair of Usher S-520's.

Seth and Cami have been very helpful......Thanks to them and Virtue Audio.
Can't wait.
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2011, 07:09 am by E4T »

PSB Guy

Re: New to Virtue and Two.2
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2011, 06:48 pm »
Welcome to the Virtue family, you're going to love the amp  :thumb:

Cornelis

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2011, 06:56 pm »
Hey Welcome to the fold...remember they break-in, it took me from Friday PM to Sunday PM to hear it finally open up...I have a TWO.2 with Auricaps so a bit of patience is a great thing. They sound excellent from the get go but even excellent-er after a little while.. :thumb:

E4T

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2011, 08:23 pm »
Great!  Thanks, glad to be here.

Forgot to mention that I also ordered a 30v/130w PSU upgrade.

any suggestions on the best way to break-in?  Just as I listen, or running overnight, etc?

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2011, 08:54 pm »
30/130 here also +1 on that!!!
I played mine in and being single overnight also.. crank her up and enjoy!!

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2011, 09:06 pm »
Welcome to the family E4T
Dont hesitate to email us if you have any questions.

PSB Guy

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2011, 11:08 pm »
Great!  Thanks, glad to be here.

Forgot to mention that I also ordered a 30v/130w PSU upgrade.

any suggestions on the best way to break-in?  Just as I listen, or running overnight, etc?
Good job on the upgraded PSU, the 30v/130w is a beauty, I'm using one with my original Virtue One. As for break-in, I've heard here and elsewhere that Sonicaps take at least 400 hours to break-in (vs. 200 hours for Auricaps), so personally I'd just listen as normal and enjoy the changing sound. If I were single, I'd probably run it continuously. Others will have their own take on this...

Cornelis

se-riously

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2011, 12:01 am »
It's the Sonicap platinums that take around 500 hours.  The Gen I and Gen II take around 100 hours.

PSB Guy

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jan 2011, 12:12 am »
It's the Sonicap platinums that take around 500 hours.  The Gen I and Gen II take around 100 hours.
All the more reason to "listen as you burn-in". Thanks for the clarification  :).

Cornelis

E4T

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jan 2011, 06:37 am »
Welcome to the family E4T
Dont hesitate to email us if you have any questions.

Thanks Jason.  Will do!

E4T

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jan 2011, 06:46 am »
Sounds like listening while burning in is the way to go then.  I'll be thrilled enough just to "geek out" on the sonic changes as the amp opens / warms up anyway.

It's gonna be a week and a half minimum before I get it though.  Had the amp shipped to Atlanta (which is in a state of snowy havoc that the DOT was not prepared for) and from there it is gonna be DHL'd to East Africa (Rwanda) where I am currently living.  A long trip!

Wanted to introduce myself before it got here.  Really great to hear how much people love these amps and Virtue as a company.  Thanks for the warm welcome!

momini1

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jan 2011, 03:11 pm »
It's not like it sounds bad out of the box. Plus, if you don't listen, you miss that "ah-ha" moment when you realize the veiling has disappeared and the amp has really opened up. You won't regret this investment. I used to window shop for a new amp everyday, and I haven't looked at the ads since I got it.

goorackerelite

« Reply #12 on: 17 Jan 2011, 03:13 am »
E4T. you're in for a sonic treat! You have no idea what's waiting for you : )

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #13 on: 17 Jan 2011, 03:40 am »
Welcome Eric.

For those of you who did not see my post and rescission on the fraud thread, I gave this poor guy the full body scan.  He put up with a 3 hour interrogation, two credit checks, and temporary revocation of his Visa.  I refunded his money and he had every reason to tell me to pound sand.

But he didn't.  Eric re-ordered.  He's a Virtue die hard.

Unlike the TSA government, we profile our customers pro-actively.  If you're buying from an African IP address and have a colonial sounding name, we're probably going to give you a very hard time.  $6,000 in fraudulent orders last year will make a small company like ours do that.  Sorry, Eric.

So thank you for putting up with it and WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

Seth

doorman

« Reply #14 on: 17 Jan 2011, 04:42 am »
I have one of the original V-1's. It is a great bargain, and very good sounding as well, even to a "tube-head"
You will be pleased with your purchase!
Best, Don

E4T

« Reply #15 on: 17 Jan 2011, 07:25 am »
Welcome Eric.

For those of you who did not see my post and rescission on the fraud thread, I gave this poor guy the full body scan.  He put up with a 3 hour interrogation, two credit checks, and temporary revocation of his Visa.  I refunded his money and he had every reason to tell me to pound sand.

But he didn't.  Eric re-ordered.  He's a Virtue die hard.

Unlike the TSA government, we profile our customers pro-actively.  If you're buying from an African IP address and have a colonial sounding name, we're probably going to give you a very hard time.  $6,000 in fraudulent orders last year will make a small company like ours do that.  Sorry, Eric.

So thank you for putting up with it and WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

Seth

Thanks Seth!

...and like I said in email, I completely understand your initial skepticism re: my order.

I had my heart and mind set on Virtue though.  After I started researching your amps through reviews, blogs and message boards I knew I was not gonna find another company with the amount of fans, respect, loyalty (via customers and company alike) and quality in this price range.  In short, I knew I had found what I had been looking for, and I had been looking for a while.....I was determined to buy the amp!

Anyway, glad to be here.  Cannot wait to share my thoughts once it arrives.

Eric
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2011, 11:03 am by E4T »

E4T

« Reply #16 on: 30 Jan 2011, 07:06 am »
eerrghh.  Amp arrived in Rwanda last Tuesday.....and is still stuck in customs!  Here's to this coming week.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #17 on: 3 Feb 2011, 06:25 am »
Jeesh... will it make it out of customs?  Hope so, Eric!

E4T

« Reply #18 on: 3 Feb 2011, 07:02 am »
Seth,

Yeah, it will (I hope!), but they sure are making it as difficult as possible!  And...Monday and Tuesday were holidays here, so the four day weekend thing has caused a pile up, in a country where speed is virtually unheard of.

Deal is the office in Atlanta put insurance on the box (trying to be helpful of course), and because of this customs has held it up here, "Hmmm, something of value being imported?  What is this?!"....otherwise it would have come straight through as usual, no problem.  It will be sorted.  It's gotta be!

The fact that it has been sitting here for over a week now, is definitely testing my patience though.