TWO.2 can drive anything I throw at it....

justplainmike

Re: TWO.2 can drive anything I throw at it....
« Reply #20 on: 15 Feb 2011, 03:33 am »
I've only seen Stradas listed on Agon once...for less than a day :-)
I'm loving the sound of the MMG's though...you read on the forums that all Maggies require gobs of power to sound even moderately good.  Not the case in my experience...or at least the music that I listen too.  Couldn't be more pleased with my Virtue/Maggie pairing!  Would still love to hear the Stradas just once though  :wink:

neutralos

« Reply #21 on: 21 Feb 2011, 10:36 am »
Hi to you all Virtuosos,

just was looking around and saw this thread title. In fact this Audio World is a bit confusing. Usually known on one hand that Tripaths should combined with high sensitive speakers to get most performance (and I strongly recommend you all to test them with ProAc speakers  :thumb:)  but on the other hand you read the not logic thing that these can drive every amp's nightmare - so called electrostatic speakers. I knew I read something similar here:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/virtueaudio/two_2.html

Interesting that at least in classic TWO also lives an Apogee ... :green:

Best wishes to you Seth from germany

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #22 on: 21 Feb 2011, 06:13 pm »
Hello my friend!
Thank you for your post!
I think we're mid-power band, certainly not as powerful as I'd like to be but more than enough for most speakers.
Seth

mamba315

« Reply #23 on: 21 Feb 2011, 11:43 pm »
If I had a baby on the way, the MMG's is the way I would go.

When I was speaker shopping last year I chose the Stradas because the drivers are fully protected behind metal grilles.  So far, not even a scratch from my daughter.  I don't think the MMG's would have lasted her constant & unattended presence this long.

OzarkTom

« Reply #24 on: 22 Feb 2011, 12:18 am »
When I was speaker shopping last year I chose the Stradas because the drivers are fully protected behind metal grilles.  So far, not even a scratch from my daughter.  I don't think the MMG's would have lasted her constant & unattended presence this long.

I guess I was very lucky. When ny daughters were 3 and 5 and growing up, I had Acoustats. I even had a pair of the OTL servo driven Acoustat X's in the white grille cloths. The X's with servo amps were the very best ESL's ever made. They made all other ESL's sound broken.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2011, 03:15 am by OzarkTom »