TWO.2 can drive anything I throw at it....

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
TWO.2 can drive anything I throw at it....
« on: 6 Jan 2011, 04:33 am »
Today I hooked these up:

the TWO.2 just handles them with ease, same volume setting as before and fills the room with sound. An Orange box the size of two soda cans is driving these 3-way, dual 10" woofer floorstanding speakers effortlessly. I have had my TWO.2 about 6 months and everyday it makes me smile!! :wink:

Jack Caldwell

Re: TWO.2 can drive anything I throw at it....
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2011, 04:40 pm »
Yeah! The Two.2 is an amazingly capable unit. I have used these very successfully with my H3 speakers, one Two.2 for the bass (see our HolisticAudio.com website and look at the H3)... the Two.2 really kicks major *** driving those parallel Scanspeak units. That's a 4 Ohm load!
Well OK, it's actually more like 3 Ohms.. :lol: 

The Two.2 comfortably pushes the woofer section about as loud as it needs to go for most anyone's needs, with unbelievably good bass and midbass definition and impact. It's just nuts that a $450 amp in pipsqueak garb can sound so eff'in huge with such a big power hungry rig.

I think the Two.2 is the steal of the decade.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2011, 05:35 pm »
Jack- Finding the Virtue Audio product line saved me years of endless searching, my TWO.2 and Piano Combo are really all I'll ever need, the only reason I would stray from the fold would be to try a tube amp for kicks. Everytime I start to seriously consider that option it smacks me in the face that what I got is perfect for me.
 TY Seth!!! and Happy New Year to all people virtuous!!!! :thumb:

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2011, 06:37 am »
Thanks to you both!

Ed, hope you don't try to blend carrots with the amp.

As a married guy now my head is all mixed up about the next big family purchase: a juicer.

I think I'm sending back this puny spinner thing (too much pulp) and going for the ICEBlock of juicers, the Vitamix (I won't pay retail of course).

Your suggestions?

eclein

• Volunteer

srb

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jan 2011, 08:31 am »
The Vitamix is a nice powerful high speed reversible blender, but I don't consider it a juicer because it doesn't separate juice from pulp.

Forgo the centrifugal types and look into the single-gear masticating types (Virtue ONE and TWO) and the twin-gear triturating types (Sensation and ICEBlock).

They have continuous pulp ejection, low speed operation that produces less heat and oxidizing foam and they give higher yields.

http://www.harvestessentials.com/juicers.html

Steve

dvenardos

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jan 2011, 05:12 pm »
Yeah, the vitamix stuff is really pulpy...

Jack Caldwell

Vitamix ?
« Reply #7 on: 8 Jan 2011, 04:30 am »
Well, about 12 years ago my wife convinced me to spend an inordinate amount of money on... you guessed it...  a Vitamix.

It's still running, still loud as hell, but when it comes to soups, smoothies, etc. it has no peer. My daughter grinds her flour for her cakes, mixes, pies, etc. It's been in daily operation for twelve years. Does my wife like it? Yes.

And it's durable. I'm no longer so upset with her for making me buy it.

But why are talking about Vitamix here? Are we thinking of the days when the NYAL guys were running a blender and then a vacuum cleaner fromt their Moscode 600 amplifier?

Don't ask, I refuse to try this on the One or the Two.2, or even the Sensation for that matter.

I guess the tie in is that the Vitamix is a product of real virtue. Go ahead Seth, splurge. Your lady will be pleased. And if you're extra nice to us, we'll send you our recipe for smoothies. Heh!

wsturner

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jan 2011, 05:40 am »
My wife has a Vitamix, I have a Sensation, we are both happy!!!

OzarkTom

« Reply #9 on: 8 Jan 2011, 03:48 pm »
My wife has a Vitamix, I have a Sensation, we are both happy!!!

Yep, same here. :D

OzarkTom

« Reply #10 on: 8 Jan 2011, 03:54 pm »

As a married guy now my head is all mixed up about the next big family purchase: a juicer.

I think I'm sending back this puny spinner thing (too much pulp) and going for the ICEBlock of juicers, the Vitamix (I won't pay retail of course).

Your suggestions?

Just be careful if you do the fruit smoothies or juices Seth. It will cause insulin resistance and tooth decay if you drink too many. If fruit, stay with the low glycemic fruits like blueberries and blackberries. You definitely don't want diabetes.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Hidden-Dangers-of-Fruit-Smoothies-86056.shtml

goorackerelite

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jan 2011, 04:41 am »
is the vitamix an audiophile juicer?

srb

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jan 2011, 04:48 am »
is the vitamix an audiophile juicer?

No, it's an audiophile blender.  If you can stand to drink vegetable or fruit juices without any of the pulp removed, more power to you.

Steve

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #13 on: 10 Jan 2011, 09:59 pm »
My cheapo Cuisinart is no longer cutting it.  I'm gonna wait until RMAF and then buy myself a Vitamix, if I can afford it.  Drinking clumpy kale-carrot goulash right now.

justplainmike

« Reply #14 on: 14 Feb 2011, 03:23 am »
Hi Guys...it's been awhile since I've posted here.  I just got a pair of Magnepan MMG's direct from the factory for my bedroom system.  I was worried that my One.2 w/130w PS would still not power the speakers well but I'm blown away at the sound coming out of them.  I had a pair of Axiom M3Ti's prior to this that I kept cranking the volume on...Now I realize I was trying to get "SOUND" not volume out of them.  I haven't had my One.2 turned up past 9 o'clock since I've had the Maggies and I get HUGE room filling volume.  I'm even running them full range w/my subwoofer high pass set to about 50hz.  Guys, I'm stunned.  I honestly thought I'd be selling my Virtue amp because I didn't think it would be up to the task.  I was wonderfully, blissfully wrong!!  Cheers to Seth and the folks at Virtue!!!

OzarkTom

« Reply #15 on: 14 Feb 2011, 04:09 am »
Hi Guys...it's been awhile since I've posted here.  I just got a pair of Magnepan MMG's direct from the factory for my bedroom system.  I was worried that my One.2 w/130w PS would still not power the speakers well but I'm blown away at the sound coming out of them. 

Are those MMG's still $599 a pair? With the One.2, that would make a giant killer of a system for someone on a budget.

justplainmike

« Reply #16 on: 14 Feb 2011, 04:18 am »
Yep.  $630 shipped to Seattle.  I got the white w/natural trim.  They look great and passed the WAF test to boot!  Still have some tweaking to do with placement and whatnot, but even my wife was blown away with what she's heard.  I had brought my amp to listen to a pair of Magnepan MG12's at Definitive Audio here in Seattle.  Even in a larger room w/these larger panels the sound was good.  I thought I'd take a chance w/the MMG's because they have a 60 day money back return policy.  I'll be keeping mine however.  And my One.2!!!  My only question now is....would batteries sound even better than my 130w PS??  Maggies care more about current than watts...any thoughts??  Cheers!

OzarkTom

« Reply #17 on: 14 Feb 2011, 04:45 am »
Batteries are better. Anytime you can take the amp off of the grungy electrical power line, much better sound. You will be amazed again.

Actually, of all the Magnepans I have had through the years, the MMG's are my favorite.

justplainmike

« Reply #18 on: 14 Feb 2011, 04:51 am »
How do the MMG's compare to your Gallo Strada's??  I was looking at those and Zu's (Essence or Druids) but, with a baby on the way decided go for the MMG's...trying to maximize my bang for the buck...still, I would love to hear the Strada's once :-)

OzarkTom

« Reply #19 on: 14 Feb 2011, 05:13 am »

The Stradas are clearer and more detailed with a bigger soundstage, but you have the most bang for the buck. If I had a baby on the way, the MMG's is the way I would go. Unfortunately, you hardly ever see a used pair of Stradas.