Subwoofer cables under floor and through wall

rockadanny

« on: 23 Jan 2006, 02:23 pm »
My spouse thinks that running my subwoofer cables (shielded RCA) across the living room floor will be both unsightly and difficult to vacuum around. (Sheesh!) Were I installing some sort of non-audio cable from my amp to the sub I would pop it through the wall near the amp, string it under the floor, then pop it through the wall at the sub. Using some sort of Home Depot wall plates with connectors on them to match our feng shui temple/living room. If I do this am I compromising the quality of the audio signal? Is this OK to do? If so, any advice on where to get wall plates with quality connectors? (I chose this forum over a Home Theatre forum because I wish to maintain the hi quality sound I currently get from my hi-end 2-channel system.)

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2006, 05:58 pm »
I've run over 60'  of shielded RCA cables to subs without any problems. Just keep them away from 120V or cross at right angles if needed.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2006, 06:11 pm »
You can also use quad shielded RG-6, which is what I've done.  You just need an F-connector to RCA converter.  Of course, if you believe that more connectors = evil, then this probably isn't the best way to go.

ctviggen

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2006, 06:12 pm »
How did I log in as guest?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2006, 07:48 pm »
Quote from: ctviggen
How did I log in as guest?

If you don't have your settings to automatically log you in . . .

Anonymous

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2006, 08:03 pm »
Thanks, Mike.  Bob (ctviggen)