Hey Mike, how about giving a Maestro away for Nov-Dec????

Marbles

8)  8)  8)   :o  :o  :o  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Brenda@ACI

• http://www.audioc.com
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2004, 03:43 pm »
Wow...a Maestro...that would be quite a win!

If only ACI employees could enter... :D

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2004, 03:52 pm »
I would "settle" for a Titan or a pair of Saphires.

:lol:

George

circularduck

« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2004, 05:38 pm »
Maybe I can plan my audio like I plan my retirement, LOTTERIES!

(no retirement plans were hurt in the making of this post)

Craig Chase

This forum may be quiet...
« Reply #4 on: 7 Oct 2004, 10:58 pm »
But it SURE is funny. CircularD ... When we have a Rocket Canada GTG in Toronto.... You HAVE to attend.

Free Beer. :beer:

circularduck

« Reply #5 on: 8 Oct 2004, 11:57 am »
Mmmm.  Only one thing better then free beer....having someone pay you to drink beer  :D

And a new retirement plan is born...

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 8 Oct 2004, 01:19 pm »
No problem  :wink:  All we need to do is get a few thousand more people participating on these forums and entering the contests.  That might take more than a month or two.  Serously I would be happy to offer lots of terrific prizes if we can build the participation level to justify the cost.  This of course would be good for all of us  :D

P.S. I'd love to see a lot more people voting on finish choices. You don't have to be an ACI customer to participate. We welcome everyone's input!

Eric

« Reply #7 on: 8 Oct 2004, 02:37 pm »
Hey Mike, don't you wear a red outfit and drive a sleigh around Christmas time?

Marbles

« Reply #8 on: 8 Oct 2004, 02:42 pm »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
No problem  :wink:  All we need to do is get a few thousand more people participating on these forums and entering the contests.  That might take more than a month or two.  Serously I would be happy to offer lots of terrific prizes if we can build the participation level to justify the cost.  This of course would be good for all of us  :D

P.S. I'd love to see a lot more people voting on finish choices. You don't have to be an ACI customer to participate. We welcome everyone's input!

Certainly one of the ways to do this would be to post at AVS that you need some consumer feedback and direct them here.

I don't know how they (the powers at AVS)  would feel about that, but that would be one way to do it.

As an Admin here, I would not feel comfortable about doing it, but if a customer did it.....

As a side note, AC does not mind if someone links another BBS site when posting....i.e. Craig Chase's thread at HTF.

Not all forums feel this way though.

Eric

« Reply #9 on: 8 Oct 2004, 03:04 pm »
I asked the administrators of three sites if it was OK to advertise the new ACI circle there. The only one who said no was AVS. I understand their reasons and honored their request for me not to do so

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #10 on: 8 Oct 2004, 03:41 pm »
As a manufacturer I've tried to keep a very low profile on the various forums. I personally don't think public forums are the place to "push" products. Answering questions is fine.  

Some of you are participating on various forums and linking and sending people over here when it makes sense. My understanding at AVS is that if questions are being asked it is alright to link over here. So for example if someone is asking about custom inwall speakers and you link them to this forum that is okay.

Building this forum is not something that will happen with a few announcements and postings in other areas. It is something that will happen over time as more and more people begin to make contributions.

Thanks to everyone for your posting, linking, ideas, let's keep building it!

DanaA

« Reply #11 on: 12 Oct 2004, 07:07 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
Certainly one of the ways to do this would be to post at AVS that you need some consumer feedback and direct them here.

I don't know how they (the powers at AVS)  would feel about that, but that would be one way to do it.

As an Admin here, I would not feel comfortable about doing it, but if a customer did it.....

As a side note, AC does not mind if someone links another BBS site when posting....i.e. Craig Chase's thread at HTF.

Not all forums feel this way though.

I was a moderator at an audio-visual forum that didn't allow linking to other forums.  As a moderator, I disagreed.  I just feel that most of us visit many a site related to our interest in audio and that doing so, in the end, increases, not decreases, the amount of traffic a site sees.  Anyway, I will link this site when ACI comes up in threads at other sites, where it is allowed, that is.