Worst Movie of all time...again?

Carlman

« Reply #60 on: 20 Feb 2006, 03:15 pm »
Quote from: gbeard
I have to agree with the Bo Derek comment, they stunk it up for sure.

My wife and I tried to watch "life Aquatic" with Bill Murray and I have to say that was a really awful, unfortunate movie, and I love Bill too.

It's certainly not for everyone.  I loved the look of the movie and the music.  I liked a lot about it but it wasn't as cohesive as I would've liked.... I watched it a couple more times and I liked better each time.  

It's pretty far from 'worst ever' though.. I'd put a lot of movies behind it in creativity alone.  

Hell, I'd put the new Star Wars series in a lower category... just ridiculous amounts of money spent on poor acting, a so-so plot, annoying characters, tons of useless cgi... etc.  and the whining, oh the whining...

-C

Scott F.

« Reply #61 on: 20 Feb 2006, 03:36 pm »
Quote from: Carlman
Hell, I'd put the new Star Wars series in a lower category... just ridiculous amounts of money spent on poor acting, a so-so plot, annoying characters, tons of useless cgi... etc.  and the whining, oh the whining...

:rotflmao:

That should start a flame war :lol: :peek:

PhilNYC

« Reply #62 on: 20 Feb 2006, 03:41 pm »
Quote from: Scott F.
Quote from: Carlman

:rotflmao:

That should start a flame war :lol: :peek:

Yes, I think you are giving far too much credit to the plot... :wink:

murphy11

« Reply #63 on: 20 Feb 2006, 03:44 pm »
Caddyshack2  :roll:  The talented Mr. Ripley :roll:

Bwanagreg

« Reply #64 on: 20 Feb 2006, 04:00 pm »
I miss MST3K, but I found the next best thing: a badly subtitled Chinese pirate copy of Revenge of the Sith. Check this out.

http://winterson.com/2005/06/episode-iii-backstroke-of-west.html

I love this one.

It says it all about the movie. :notworthy:

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
« Reply #65 on: 20 Feb 2006, 05:32 pm »
Carlman, you are right about Life Aquatic. I should have prefaced my comment with "another movie I thought was really bad was..."

It is certainly not the worst movie of all time, but when you consider the quality of the actors and the high level of committment to making a picture like this, it was pretty bad that we quit watching it before it was over. Perhaps it is like any piece of music that is hard to comprehend without listening to it several times over. Maybe I'll watch it again.

The newer Star Wars movies are pretty crappy, but at least I watched them all the way through!  :roll:

kbuzz3

anything with dudley moore or by nora ephron
« Reply #66 on: 20 Feb 2006, 06:15 pm »
but particuarly Holy Moses..just uwatchable...

NOt counting b low budget movies there are few that i think are unwatchable-this will start a flame war but here they go

beetlejuice-noisy stupid and overrated special effects

the tommy lee jones will smith thing where they are alien busters...equally dismal

sound of music-just dont get it

Battlefield earth-agree with the earlier comments

eddie and the cruisers 2- eddie lives!--

PhilNYC

Re: anything with dudley moore or by nora ephron
« Reply #67 on: 20 Feb 2006, 07:57 pm »
Quote from: kbuzz3

eddie and the cruisers 2- eddie lives!--

What about Eddie and the Cruisers 1???? :o

kbuzz3

eddie and the cruisers 1
« Reply #68 on: 20 Feb 2006, 08:59 pm »
The first one is a least watchable.  Laughable yes. Terrible yes but not horrible. Plus the springsteen thing is just so goofy.

mcrespo71

« Reply #69 on: 12 Apr 2006, 05:52 am »
Dude, I liked Eddie and the Cruisers, but I was probably 8 when it came out, so my taste was not that refined yet.  I can't believe they had a second one! :o

mlpoteet

Re: Worst Movie of all time...again?
« Reply #70 on: 18 Sep 2006, 09:48 pm »
"KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park"

Worshipped it when I saw it in 1978, can't stop laughing whenever I put on the VHS today.

Mark

BobC

« Reply #71 on: 22 Sep 2006, 05:57 pm »
For me (and this is only me) anything with Ben Stiller in it I can't stomach

What about Dodgeball?

"There's a guy on our team who thinks he's a pirate?"

:lol:

BobC

« Reply #72 on: 22 Sep 2006, 06:28 pm »
Well not sure if it was the worst movie ever...but I hated Desperado 2...something like Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

May be because I liked the original movie.

I remember that the audio / video quality was great...but jeesh that movie was bad.

Steve

« Reply #73 on: 23 Sep 2006, 02:55 am »
Didn't have the heart to read all the posts, or even a few, so if this movie was already mentioned, please forgive me.

"Attack of the Killer Tomatoes".

One renter would actually give you your money back IF you could watch it completely through.

ZLS

« Reply #74 on: 23 Sep 2006, 03:29 am »
:nono:  Perhaps you had to grow up watching the 50's monster movies(radioactive incests a specialty) to appreciate Attack of the Killer Tomato's. 
    The movie contains what might be the single greatest line in the history of cinema, " God help us gentlemen, but this is a cherry tomato!" 
It puts "Rosebud" to shame.

gitarretyp

« Reply #75 on: 23 Sep 2006, 04:48 am »
Didn't have the heart to read all the posts, or even a few, so if this movie was already mentioned, please forgive me.

One renter would actually give you your money back IF you could watch it completely through.

I really think this movie is under appreciated. It's a B (C?) movie through and through, but if you watch it with that in mind, it's hilarious.

JohninCR

« Reply #76 on: 23 Sep 2006, 04:52 am »

I really think this movie is under appreciated. It's a B (C?) movie through and through, but if you watch it with that in mind, it's hilarious.

Yes, but so is "A Brother from another Planet" aa

gitarretyp

« Reply #77 on: 23 Sep 2006, 04:59 am »

Yes, but so is "A Brother from another Planet" aa

I'm not familiar with that, but my point was more that there are bad funny movies [ie, attack of the killer tomatoes (i think this was intentionally bad funny) and hobgoblins], and there are movies so bad you regret having seen them (ie, manos the hands of fate and battlefield earth). The second category are the truly bad movies and not many i've seen belong to category two.

JohninCR

« Reply #78 on: 23 Sep 2006, 05:16 am »
I agree completely.  We also have to keep in mind that it also has much to do with taste.
Some people love "bad funny" movies such as "Police Academy", "Scary Movie" and the likes,
but some people love supposedly "good" but not funny in the least (my opinion only, excluding
certain small excerpts of a few) movies like anything with Woody Allen.  That should stir the
kettle. :thumb:

Steve

« Reply #79 on: 26 Sep 2006, 11:59 pm »
I grew up watching all the classic "monster" movies and I enjoyed them.
I didn't care if they were "B".
But attack of the killer tomatoes, I just couldn't watch through, and tried several times.
« Last Edit: 4 Oct 2006, 07:07 pm by Steve »