Bent Product Status

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Bent Product Status
« on: 13 Jun 2007, 09:22 pm »
Hello!

Thanks again to everyone for your support and patience as I have been sorting out the recent 'disruption' in transformer supply. I have been spending all my time getting caught up with those customers who had been waiting for products and getting some other projects cleaned up - particularly the TAP series of resistive boards and modules. The first round of these is now complete and I hope to re-organize the web info on these products and move that information over to a well known resistive attenutor makers website soon.  I had become known as a 'Transformer Guy' and as a result the resistive stuff goes mostly un-noticed. That'd be a shame since it all turned out just as planned and really came together nicely!

Anyway that and getting rolling with new transformer designs has consumed most my time recently. Here is a point form status update of the 'Bent Products':

TAP / TVC:

I have someone now working at the TVC design. Given the current landscape of many TVC's and Autoformers out there now (most if not all with at least very decent performance) we will only offer a TVC design if the feature set and sonic performance are all at least the equal of the S&B units we used to sell. You'll never hear me say they are better than S&B - just like you never heard me say the S&B was better than anything else! I have a rule not to compare my stuff directly to other products and will continue with that.  If we lock in on a design and move towards production then I will post information here. If we do not end up with such a design then the TAP will no longer be offered as a TVC version.

FLEX / TVC

I have a small stock of parts to make up a few remaining FLEX pre-amps. These include the latest rev OCC copper TX102's needed. The FLEX has exactly the parts the prior model NOH pre-amp used - it is just a more 'Flexible' case design.  I have a very large order of FLEX cases recently placed and given the 'iffy' future of a future TVC offering to use with it  I am holding those TX102's so I can at least make use of a handful of the cases - I hope that is not evil! If you think you'd want one call or e-mail to discuss the config that would best suit you. We can make then up in every config from a simple 1 input unit all the way up to a unit using the TAP input boards for remote phase invert, etc.

MU: (Step-ups)

We have sold all the S&B based MU Step-up units that we had transformers to make. Until we sort out this transformer stuff we won't be able to make and ship any more MU step-ups. Very sorry to those who had planned on one in the short term. We intend on resuming shipments this fall.

TAP- Resistor Pre-amps

The TAP resistor based boards are all stock and we can make pre-amps or parts packages anytime.  This includes pre-amp 'shells' with the TAP-X cases. As mentioned above we hope to soon move this stuff to another web site - where I think it will get better coverage!

I'll end with a quick reminder to please NOT post any negative comments about S&B - They have done what they thought they had to and it is time to move along......

Many Thanks!

John

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: Bent Product Status
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:07 pm »
John,   

The best of luck in your new transformer design. You ARE the transformer "Guy". Good things always come to the honest.

rollo

andlor

« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2007, 11:21 am »
Hello,
some news about MU trasformer? There are many people waiting impatiently!!

Andy

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2007, 01:32 pm »
Hello!

Thanks for checking in - yes I get e-mails about the step-ups almost every day.

Both the pre-amp stuff and the step-up are very close to a resolution - I am deep in step-up testing this week. I'll be posting a complete update of all the products and the results of my testing early next week. That'll be followed by a web page update.

Despite the fact it has been slow at the forum I think August was close to a record months for shipments - much of it cleaning up old stock along with some resistor based units, lots of remote control kits, etc.

Sorry to not have more updates or to have new products flowing sooner - I was determined when I started this new stuff to take time to get it right!

Thanks!

John