SP2 Calibration Setting Disappear?

JohnnyB

SP2 Calibration Setting Disappear?
« on: 28 Jun 2009, 09:50 pm »
1.  I have run the calibration setup three times since I got my SP2.  Why do I lose my entered data?  Is it saved in memory that is unaffected by power cycling?

2.  Why do I have to perform the setup for each source if the SP2 uses its own internal noise generator?  Aren't I calibrating downstream of the source?

Thanks, John

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: SP2 Calibration Setting Disappear?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2009, 04:36 pm »
Hi John,

The Pink-Noise setup should only have to be run once- are you hitting 'SAVE' on the 'remote' after you run the pink noise?

james

JohnnyB

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2009, 09:35 pm »
Mr. Tanner,

I did forget to hit the saved setting.

But the Owners manual, page 10, states:

"To save these settings, make the preferable mode changes and adjustments per source, then press the SAVE button before switching to another source".

So I remain confused between your statement and the Owners manual.

Would you clarify?

Thanks, John

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2009, 09:42 pm »
Hi John,

Maybe I am misunderstanding the issue. The pink noise is what we call a GLOBAL setting so the volume level of the speakers are the same no matter what input your on.  Settings like number of speakers, playback surround mode, etc. are independent per input.  Are you saying those settings are disappearing?

What is the serial number of your unit and where purchased? I will see what software it has installed.

james

JohnnyB

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2009, 12:20 am »
Mr. Tanner,

I understand now.  I will test out tomorrow. The GLOBAL settings description makes sense.

Thanks for your help!!

John