I have heard BCD-1

predrag

Re: I have heard BCD-1
« Reply #20 on: 5 Jun 2008, 10:35 am »
Thanx for your quick reply!

Well Bryston turntable?
I am seriously thinking about my analog source.
If yes then BP 1.5 is inaviodable for me regardless of the turntable chosen.
So if your turntable is to come in any time soon I can wait for it!
We have seen McIntosh recently...

BobM

« Reply #21 on: 5 Jun 2008, 11:12 am »
Well, if it's a Bryston I would think it would need to be relatively affordable and an overachiever. There's a lot of competitioin at that level, with the Project turntables, the VPI Scout and such. A rebranded anything would really not have anything special going for it, and the research and development and re-tooling costs to build something yourself has a learning curve and expense to it that might make this a little beyond the "affordable".

There's more TT's on the market these days than there were back in the 70's and the competition is fierce. So why would Bryston want to do that, I might ask?

Bob

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #22 on: 5 Jun 2008, 11:56 am »
Well, if it's a Bryston I would think it would need to be relatively affordable and an overachiever. There's a lot of competitioin at that level, with the Project turntables, the VPI Scout and such. A rebranded anything would really not have anything special going for it, and the research and development and re-tooling costs to build something yourself has a learning curve and expense to it that might make this a little beyond the "affordable".

There's more TT's on the market these days than there were back in the 70's and the competition is fierce. So why would Bryston want to do that, I might ask?

Bob

Good question - and I don't have an answer.  I think it stems from the fact that we have been able to take the standard Redbook CD Player to a new level of performance so why not turntables.  I agree though it's a whole different engineering exercise.

james

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #23 on: 5 Jun 2008, 03:47 pm »
@vegasdave

That´s what I think as well!

James, hope you read this! :lol:

That's funny - with the success of our Phono stage (you will be seeing some great reviews on them soon) I was thinking a turntable would be a great idea. We would probably have to align ourselves with a quality manufacturer already doing turntables and build on their basic designs.

james

James,

By mentioning Phono stage you meant BP 1.5?
I think we´re getting offtopic and this could be a new topic!
Anyway there´s a big questionmark above my head following your last sentence. :thumb:

Hi,

Yes the BP1.5 and the Phono stages in the BP26 and the Integrated are superb.  Our Phono stages (MM and MC) are very unique in that the RIAA stage is done in two parts.  There's a lot of technical babble-gabble but the results is a phono stage that tracks the RIAA curve within millibels of accuracy rather than decibels.

In the days of old the broadcast industry required extremely accurate phono stages for their LP broadcasts and the original Bryston Phono stages were developed with that accuracy in mind and we have since refined it further over the years.

Question mark?

james

Is the phono stage in my BP6 similar?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #24 on: 5 Jun 2008, 03:51 pm »
@vegasdave

That´s what I think as well!

James, hope you read this! :lol:

That's funny - with the success of our Phono stage (you will be seeing some great reviews on them soon) I was thinking a turntable would be a great idea. We would probably have to align ourselves with a quality manufacturer already doing turntables and build on their basic designs.

james

James,

By mentioning Phono stage you meant BP 1.5?
I think we´re getting offtopic and this could be a new topic!
Anyway there´s a big questionmark above my head following your last sentence. :thumb:

Hi,

Yes the BP1.5 and the Phono stages in the BP26 and the Integrated are superb.  Our Phono stages (MM and MC) are very unique in that the RIAA stage is done in two parts.  There's a lot of technical babble-gabble but the results is a phono stage that tracks the RIAA curve within millibels of accuracy rather than decibels.

In the days of old the broadcast industry required extremely accurate phono stages for their LP broadcasts and the original Bryston Phono stages were developed with that accuracy in mind and we have since refined it further over the years.

Question mark?

james

Is the phono stage in my BP6 similar?

Yes.

james