Thiel finally....

KeithA

Thiel finally....
« on: 29 Apr 2008, 02:30 am »
Finally got an email from the new Thiel rep in Canada....now I just need to get to Montreal for a demo of the 3.7s.....

Keith

Phil A

Re: Thiel finally....
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2008, 02:43 am »
Finally got an email from the new Thiel rep in Canada....now I just need to get to Montreal for a demo of the 3.7s.....

Keith

Not sure about the pricing up north but in the States they raised the prices 30% effective April 1 I believe and there is a wait here.  I got mine about a month after they were out (as soon as I sold my 7.2s).  I know someone who ordered them just before the price increase and I think he told me there was a 6 week total wait (or something of that order) to get his pair (he is still waiting).

KeithA

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2008, 09:15 am »
Not sure about the pricing up north but in the States they raised the prices 30% effective April 1

Sounds like Thiel could be owned by the oil companies  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm looking at a December time frame to get either new amp or new speakers, so norush. Although a price increase does bring other spekaers in play for me.

Keith

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2008, 01:32 pm »
Actually, while Thiel's increase was steep, another (model from a) brand (of speakers) at my local dealer had a 20% increase.  It's the same with electronics.  Increased manufacturing in the Far East and the demand for raw materials have caused some of that.  Here in the US we also have a weak dollar.