SP2 Firmware

onthefly

SP2 Firmware
« on: 2 Jul 2007, 04:15 pm »
I have downloaded the new firmware for my SP2 & to be honest I haven't a clue what to do with it.  Is there not a simpler method for upgrading firmware?

What does the new firmware offer? :scratch:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: SP2 Firmware
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2007, 04:24 pm »
I have downloaded the new firmware for my SP2 & to be honest I haven't a clue what to do with it.  Is there not a simpler method for upgrading firmware?

What does the new firmware offer? :scratch:

Hi,

The new softwear just prevents the SP2 from accepting a command before it is fully booted up- helps in installations where there are multiple commands being given to many different components at once.

james

onthefly

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2007, 05:38 pm »
Mmm, looks like I am going to need a laptop and a lot of patience.

Can someone tell me what a 'Hyper terminal session' is or will it become apparent once I am connected via a laptop and my SP2 is in BOOTLOADER mode. :duh:

brucek

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jul 2007, 11:53 pm »
The zip file you downloaded contains the .s19 firmware file, plus a word .doc file that explains how to load the fimware using the standard hyper terminal program in Windows.

The downloaded zip file also contains the terminal setup program in the zip file. After you extract the three files in the downloaded zip file, just double click the hyper terminal .ht file contained in the zip and it sets it all up for you. Then read and follow the instructions in the .doc

Pretty simple stuff...

brucek

onthefly

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2007, 11:21 am »
You're right, a simple process.  Thanks for your help.

However, when I switch on now the display says 'searching for SPV, SPV not found'.  It did not do that before.  Any ideas?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul 2007, 11:28 am »
You're right, a simple process.  Thanks for your help.

However, when I switch on now the display says 'searching for SPV, SPV not found'.  It did not do that before.  Any ideas?

The new software searches for the Bryston SPV1 video switcher - if not found it moves on.

james

onthefly

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jul 2007, 11:33 am »
JT

Thanks for the prompt response.  I thought for a moment I had created a problem. :thumb:

alpsy

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2007, 05:56 am »
hi all,

can someone please direct me to the latest firmware file for the sp2.

thanks,

julie

onthefly

« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2007, 08:13 am »
It looks as though it has been removed from the Bryston website :scratch:

http://www.bryston.ca/BrystonSite05/BrystonDocs.html#preamp

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug 2007, 10:27 am »
Hi All,

Yes the firmware is only available now directly from Bryston.
We need the serial number of the unit and an email address.

james

brucek

« Reply #10 on: 13 Aug 2007, 12:33 pm »
the firmware is only available now directly from Bryston

So, will Bryston post a memo on the site when a new version is available, or perhaps note the date of the latest firmware?

We need the serial number of the unit

Would this indicate that there will be different versions depending on the serial?

brucek

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 13 Aug 2007, 12:50 pm »
Hi Bruce,

More and more of our products are software driven (BCD-1, BP16, B100, SP2, new outboard DAC etc.) The great thing about the software driven products is that you can add features etc. as things move along.

We will post an noncements when there are new versions available and based on serial numbers send the appropriate update to the dealer or customer. I like your idea of posting the latest software date of each product.

james

alpsy

« Reply #12 on: 13 Dec 2007, 10:42 am »
How do I check the version of firmware I have on my SP2? When it boots up it says 4 Aug 2006 which I assume is its build date? It then goes on say version xxxxxxxx406 or something like that :)

im assuming its not the latest version given its over a year old so would also like to know where to find latest version :)

thanks all

julie

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 13 Dec 2007, 12:31 pm »
How do I check the version of firmware I have on my SP2? When it boots up it says 4 Aug 2006 which I assume is its build date? It then goes on say version xxxxxxxx406 or something like that :)

im assuming its not the latest version given its over a year old so would also like to know where to find latest version :)

thanks all

julie

Hi Julie,

The Aug 4 date is the software.
There is a newer version - send me an email and I will forward the new software.
Also need the serial number of the unit and where purchased.

james

redsierra

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jan 2008, 12:29 am »
Hello James.

What IS the new firmware version?

Thanks,

Dwight

brucek

« Reply #15 on: 16 Jan 2008, 02:41 pm »
Yeah, I sure wish there was an entry on the Bryston website where we could check what the latest version was.

Is it a secret?

I guess I can understand why Bryston doesn't provide convenient download of the firmware as it use to, but I can't see any reason to not at least let us view what the latest version is.

brucek

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jan 2008, 08:23 pm »
Yeah, I sure wish there was an entry on the Bryston website where we could check what the latest version was.

Is it a secret?

I guess I can understand why Bryston doesn't provide convenient download of the firmware as it use to, but I can't see any reason to not at least let us view what the latest version is.

brucek

The latest version of sotware in the SP2 is Aug 17th 2007

We have a BETA version of the software dated Oct 23 2007 which is not being used in production at this point.

The Beta version has a small change in the speed at which the volume control ramps up. Not enough of a difference to issue new software.

james

flom

« Reply #17 on: 12 Apr 2008, 11:11 am »
Hello,
I sent an email to James : I would like to upgrade my sp2 firmware. It is the original one : August 2006 27th

My SN is 263 and my retailer is JBKAUDIO (France). Could you please sent me the last SP2 Firmware & procedure?

Furtheremore, my amp makes a "ploc" when i switch from mutichannel (dvd) to bypass (cd) and also when i put off the bryston (trigger with amplifier on) from a multichannel position. No problem if i switch off the bryston from a pure analog (bypass cd) position
Could you help please ?

Thanks in advance for your returns

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 12 Apr 2008, 11:26 am »
Hi flom,

I will forward this to Mike Pickett at Bryston for the software.

I am not sure what the 'ploc' is - it sounds like a grounding issuebut I will check with Mike.

You should always turn off your amp first when shutting down and turn your amp on last when starting up.

james

flom

« Reply #19 on: 12 Apr 2008, 11:44 am »
Hi flom,

I will forward this to Mike Pickett at Bryston for the software.

I am not sure what the 'ploc' is - it sounds like a grounding issuebut I will check with Mike.

You should always turn off your amp first when shutting down and turn your amp on last when starting up.

james

Hi James,
the "ploc" is a returning sound from my amp to the loudspeaker indeed. Before the sp2, I had a sp1.7 and the configuration was exactly the same : my amp is still commanded by the preamp trigger.

Either in multichannel & analog positions, when i switch the bryston preampS off, the trigger (with its embedded tempo) trigger the amp off and then the preampS commute to off. Between the two states, there is signal (ploc) sent to loudspeakers, only when the SP2 preamp was in multichannel before shutting down.

Thanks for your help