USB vs coaxial

gbaby

Re: USB vs coaxial
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jul 2017, 11:58 pm »
I thought it might have been a typo. Can you post a pic of your system please? They must need a lot of space to really open up.

I'm not that computer savvy to be able to post pictures. But, my speakers are the Infinity Composition Preludes PF-R with the driver matching center as well as driver matching rears and side surrounds speakers. My sound is seamless and very enveloping. These speakers are driven by a Bryston 2.5sst2 and a Krell KAV-500 amp for the center and rears. I have two Velodyne subs, the HGS-18 and HGS-12. I also have the Bryston BDP-2 digital player and its BDA-3 D/A converter. All my cables are blue truth silver cables from Bettercables.com. And of course the anchor is my processor, the Bryston SP3. When I heard both ATMOS and Auro 3D or whatever, the sound was more enveloping than life, itself, and it felt gimmicky because I never hear object base in real life whereby I am distracted by sound above me. I hear sound basically at ear level with low frequency sounding omnipresent no matter where its located. But, more importantly, my SP-3 is enveloping enough with a sound quality that eluded that Anthem Processor I heard in the ATMOS demo. The ATMOS codec did not impress me and now I know it is the quality of the sound not the quantity of the sound thats important. In fact, too many speakers in a room causes all sorts of sonic anomalies no EQ system can correct. In fact, most Bryston folks advocate room treatment over using EQ so that the sound will not be compromised. Its a philosophy that is part of Bryston product design. If you ever get a chance, try and pick up a used SP-3. You will forget about codecs for sure.  :) 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 15 Jul 2017, 12:52 am »
I'm not that computer savvy to be able to post pictures. But, my speakers are the Infinity Composition Preludes PF-R with the driver matching center as well as driver matching rears and side surrounds speakers. My sound is seamless and very enveloping. These speakers are driven by a Bryston 2.5sst2 and a Krell KAV-500 amp for the center and rears. I have two Velodyne subs, the HGS-18 and HGS-12. I also have the Bryston BDP-2 digital player and its BDA-3 D/A converter. All my cables are blue truth silver cables from Bettercables.com. And of course the anchor is my processor, the Bryston SP3. When I heard both ATMOS and Auro 3D or whatever, the sound was more enveloping than life, itself, and it felt gimmicky because I never hear object base in real life whereby I am distracted by sound above me. I hear sound basically at ear level with low frequency sounding omnipresent no matter where its located. But, more importantly, my SP-3 is enveloping enough with a sound quality that eluded that Anthem Processor I heard in the ATMOS demo. The ATMOS codec did not impress me and now I know it is the quality of the sound not the quantity of the sound thats important. In fact, too many speakers in a room causes all sorts of sonic anomalies no EQ system can correct. In fact, most Bryston folks advocate room treatment over using EQ so that the sound will not be compromised. Its a philosophy that is part of Bryston product design. If you ever get a chance, try and pick up a used SP-3. You will forget about codecs for sure.  :)

Hi Gbaby

Email me and I can post it for you - jamestanner@bryston.com

james

witchdoctor

« Reply #22 on: 15 Jul 2017, 03:04 am »

I get it, you have quality from one end of the chain to the other. I feel like that about my inexpensive desktop system too. I am using JBL 230 speakers which only cost $400. I look at the Revel 106 for $2000 and know the SQ is better. But everytime I turn on those JBL's being driven by Sunfire/Carver electronics  I get so locked in I can't imagine changing anything. It feels great when you reach the point of saturation and can just enjoy.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #23 on: 16 Jul 2017, 08:38 am »
I get it, you have quality from one end of the chain to the other. I feel like that about my inexpensive desktop system too. I am using JBL 230 speakers which only cost $400. I look at the Revel 106 for $2000 and know the SQ is better. But everytime I turn on those JBL's being driven by Sunfire/Carver electronics  I get so locked in I can't imagine changing anything. It feels great when you reach the point of saturation and can just enjoy.

Yeah... Just... Wow...