Electrocompaniet AW100 anyone?

HiLuvFi

Electrocompaniet AW100 anyone?
« on: 21 Jan 2019, 08:58 am »
Hello. Anyone experienced ECI6 DS/DX from Electrocompaniet on Tannoy Definition speakers?

HiLuvFi

Re: Electrocompaniet AW100 anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2019, 09:00 am »
Or with the AW100. Thank you

richidoo

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2019, 02:23 pm »
Hello. Anyone experienced ECI6 DS/DX from Electrocompaniet on Tannoy Definition speakers?

Definition DC8 is an awesome speaker; top 5 value among all commercial speakers, imo. I almost bought a pair and might still. Coax and low order filters makes a very natural, open and alive presence. VERY accurate tone and dynamics. If you are willing give it the electronics it deserves then you will have a very high value speaker, with performance far beyond its cost. I've not heard the other Definition models.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2019, 02:54 pm »
This isn't anywhere even close to Cheap and Cheerful pricing guidelines.  I'll move it over to solid state for you.

HiLuvFi

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2019, 10:02 pm »
Definition DC8 is an awesome speaker; top 5 value among all commercial speakers, imo. I almost bought a pair and might still. Coax and low order filters makes a very natural, open and alive presence. VERY accurate tone and dynamics. If you are willing give it the electronics it deserves then you will have a very high value speaker, with performance far beyond its cost. I've not heard the other Definition models.
I own the DC8s, still trying to find the best match for them...I demo-ed them till now with Hegel H190, Nuprime STA9+Dac9 and Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP+Chord Qutest. Last one sounded by far the best till now. It lacks precision when it comes to complex and punchy music.
On my list to be tested I have the ECI6, Aw100, Naim Unity Nova and Yba A200.
Any recommendation is warmly welcomed.

HiLuvFi

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2019, 10:03 pm »
This isn't anywhere even close to Cheap and Cheerful pricing guidelines.  I'll move it over to solid state for you.
Thank you. Initially I had in mind to post only for AW100...

dflee

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2019, 02:20 am »
A KWA 100SE just came up in the trading Post. Or I have a Khartago available for a lot less.