Hello and RMAF question

Tin Ear McBeats

Hello and RMAF question
« on: 5 Mar 2023, 07:54 am »
Hello, I just joined. Live in Castle Rock.  Has anyone heard if the RMAF will ever return in some form?  It was such a great annual milestone here locally.

Also, what local dealer would you like to give a free shout out to on this post?
- Listen Up...I know I know. But, I was recently treated very well by ListenUp and my sales rep there Nile.
- The Music Room, I just had a strong referral there from an industry insider. About to try my first "trade" we will see.
- Gabrial at Elko hooked my up with a free pair of vintage Pinnicle speakers. FREE just to help get me back into the game.

I left the hobby due to moving overseas and living in a tiny apartment in Japan. Just now starting to rebuild a two-channel system.
Money is no object. By that I mean there is not enough of them lying around here to object to anything. So, I am building from hand-me downs, trades and lucky deals.

My systems are a mess at the moment:
- Two pairs of KEF LS50 speakers that KEF finally helped me fix and will still only run hardwired on my mesh network. Don't go this route. Powered wireless speakers are not ready for prime time.
- Two brand new in box B&W 702 S2 obtained form Listen Up. Still in the box. Can't decide to open them or trade them for something that is less power hungry.
- Two Cambridge Audio components hooked up to a vintage pair of Pinnicle speakers. 80 watts per channel
- Minty McIntosh c712 pre amp sitting in a box waiting for its even more minty little MC7100 slimline brother to arrive. (The two least expensive McIntosh components in history) 100 watts per channel.
Thats my introduction. Cheers!

mgalusha

Re: Hello and RMAF question
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2023, 04:11 pm »
Hello, welcome!

I'm NE of you, just east of Parker.

RMAF won't return from what Marjorie (the organizer) said. The T.H.E folks said they were going to have one here last year, but that didn't happen and I'm not holding my breath.

As for dealers, the folks at Soundings in Centennial are nice and carry stuff from affordable to ludicrous.
There is also aural hifi on south Broadway. They specialize in vintage/mid century audio, but the do have some newer stuff and some of it is very nice. They have a great service department. Very nice folks.

There is also a local audio society/club, ColoradoAudio.com, the site lists upcoming events if you want to attend, always good to have new folks.

- Mike

Grinnell

Re: Hello and RMAF question
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2023, 01:24 pm »
Hi,

I'm up in NoCo.  Audio Alternatives up in Ft Collins is a fun place to visit.  By appointment only.