Dayton Audio HTA50BT Hybrid Stereo Tube Amplifier

JCarney

...with Integrated DAC, Sub Out, and Headphone Out. A whole lot in an attractive smallish package. It uses 2 6K4, and 2 6U1 tubes in the pre-amp section and 25WPC from an ab amp. I ordered one for my Granddaughter to give to her a year or two when she's ready. I decided to give it a listen, and much to my and my Wife's surprise, the little bugger sounded pretty darn good right out o the box, like really good. It  is playing now to get a little time on it. We give it a thumbs up, and at $167.98 from parts express, it is steal.

JCarney

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-HTA50BT-Hybrid-Stereo-Tube-Amplifier-with-Integrated-DAC-Sub-Out-and-Headpho-300-3844

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Dayton Audio HTA50BT Hybrid Stereo Tube Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2021, 10:56 am »
Nice looking unit, Dayton also has the HTA 100BT, a 50w hybrid for a little over $200, I wonder if it sounds as good.
https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-HTA100BT-Hybrid-Stereo-Tube-Amplifier-with-Bluetooth-USB-Aux-In-Sub-Out-100W-300-3842

JCarney

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2021, 12:59 pm »
That's a nice looking unit as well. Now you have me wondering, I did not even see that one.  :roll: I have a new respect for Dayton. I knew thy made pretty good drivers, but I was unaware of some of their other offerings.

JCarney

Cacophonix

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2021, 04:11 pm »
Just for grins i picked up the 100BT ... lets see how it sounds when it arrives. I see a lot of people complaining about the loud fan. If the sound is good, i might swap it for a good quality Noctua.

JCarney

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2021, 05:16 pm »
Just for grins i picked up the 100BT ... lets see how it sounds when it arrives. I see a lot of people complaining about the loud fan. If the sound is good, i might swap it for a good quality Noctua.

Nice! Let us know what you think, fan and all.

Thanks,
JCarney

Cacophonix

« Reply #5 on: 1 Sep 2021, 01:48 pm »
Should be here by Friday. Need to finish up building my speaker (jeff bagby continuum) before then so that i have something to use it with.

JCarney

« Reply #6 on: 1 Sep 2021, 02:02 pm »
You could have yourself a real nice, simple set up when completed. Now I'm even more curious about 100BT. I look forward to your thoughts on both.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #7 on: 7 Sep 2021, 04:05 pm »
Hey Cacophonix,
Have you finished your Continuum's yet? I'm curious if you like that little Dayton integrated.

JCarney

Cacophonix

« Reply #8 on: 7 Sep 2021, 10:50 pm »
Just got back from my Labor Day getaway. I have the cabinets done … just the crossovers are left. Hopefully I can get them done tonight.

genjamon

« Reply #9 on: 21 Sep 2021, 06:46 pm »
Based on this thread, I decided to give the HTA50BT a try.  We recently moved into a smaller house, and no room for a dedicated "big rig" anymore.  The new house has a pretty nice open floor plan between living room, dining, and kitchen, with some openings to a couple other side rooms.  Good enough for a simple central system to have background music playing throughout the house.  I initially had the Dayton powering some of the renowned Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers, and had a really nice midrange.  Bass was pretty tubby due to placement of the speakers too close to walls.  And highs were a bit muted - maybe due to my use of cheap radioshack banana connectors.  But that midrange was really sweet! 

Then I swapped in my hotrodded Zu Omen Dirty Weekend Mk II floorstanders and some better CRL Bronze speaker cables.  Sounding even better!  Bass is much better, though still a bit muddy due to being pretty close to walls.  Highs are a bit more open than with the Pioneers.  And great midrange is still there.

I'm very happy with the purchase!  Still hunting around for some nice bookshelf speakers that perform optimally close to walls, but no rush given the sound. 

Plus, the unit looks nice and compact and sleek - actually a pretty classy look sitting on the bookshelf between two plants.  Totally at-home in a living room without drawing too much attention to itself.  But also surprisingly larger than I was expecting for the price - it looks and feels like a real piece of equipment, with some actual heft/density.

JCarney

« Reply #10 on: 21 Sep 2021, 07:26 pm »
genjamon:
How cool you not only bought one, but like it as well. Cacophonix sent me a pm follow up on the 100BT he bought, and he likes it. He told me it is the real deal, and might make him make a tough decision.  :lol: Thanks for sharing your impressions.

JCarney