Omega Super 8 XRS owner reviews?

BossaNova31

Omega Super 8 XRS owner reviews?
« on: 10 Mar 2009, 03:13 pm »
As a current Superhemp owner, I am REALLY eager to know what the Omega Super 8 XRS owners think of their new speakers. If you have moved up the Omega line to the 8 XRS please describe any improvements/differences you hear. Any reviews and commentary would be wonderful.  :thumb:

I have personally heard the Super 5 XRS, Super 6 XRS (my friend just got them but not fully broken in yet), Superhemps (both Alnico and Ferrite) and Maxhemps. My favorite was the Alnico Superhemps but the new Super 8 XRS looks like a killer setup.

Eadron

Re: Omega Super 8 XRS owner reviews?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2009, 06:02 am »
My favorite was the Alnico Superhemps but the new Super 8 XRS looks like a killer setup.

I have made this move. From Alnico 8" monitors to the 8" A XRSes. I'm in the middle of burn in process, so I'm going to report later about the sonic differences, but..like you said, all I can say now, it's definitely a killer  aa.

jouni

BossaNova31

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2009, 01:16 pm »
I'm contemplating the same move.  :thumb:

PNCD

« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2009, 01:45 pm »
A partial response:
I have not moved up the Omega line.  I entered the Omega line with the Super 8 XRS as a second system built around a Leben CS600 amp: tube integrated and single driver simplicity.
I believe that I have the first pair of Super 8 XRS that Louis built - I did not order them, he just built them!  I asked for a Mundorf cable panel and internal DNM wiring.
So, I cannot compare them, but I can say that after six months of listening I am very happy with them.  This includes the famous Omega build quality.
I had expected to miss some of the treble given a single and large driver.  That turned out to not be the case.  Instead I miss some of the bass that I have with my other system.  That is not a problem as I listen to vocal, acoustic and similar music on the Omegas and opera, orchestra and complex jazz on the primary system.
I think these speakers are great value.  Highly recommended.

BossaNova31

« Reply #4 on: 17 Mar 2009, 08:11 pm »
Upon speaking with Louis about the new Super 8 XRS Alnicos I decided to take the plunge and ordered up a pair. I have really enjoyed my ferrite Superhemps and I want more of this good thing. I'll be sure to let other Omega fans know how they sound once they are nicely broken in.  :thumb:

Kw6

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jan 2024, 08:29 pm »
How are the Super 8 Alnicos as I have them on my list?

Thanks!

Kw6

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jan 2024, 08:36 pm »
I have made this move. From Alnico 8" monitors to the 8" A XRSes. I'm in the middle of burn in process, so I'm going to report later about the sonic differences, but..like you said, all I can say now, it's definitely a killer  aa.

jouni

Interested to hearing your thoughts as I am considering these speakers as well as the Charney Audio Maestro X with Voxativ?

RDavidson

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jan 2024, 01:16 am »
Super 8 Alnico? :o
I’ve been interested in the 8” Omegas for LONG while now, but an Alnico version…that may tip me into MUST BUY territory in the nearer term.